Hobby Lobby May Close All 500+ Stores in 41 States
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Hobby Lobby May Close All 500+ Stores in 41 States

This is a discussion on Hobby Lobby May Close All 500+ Stores in 41 States within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; I don't know if this has been posted before but I only received it today. Still a good read! SEPTEMBER ...

Default Hobby Lobby May Close All 500+ Stores in 41 States

I don't know if this has been posted before but I only received it today. Still a good read!

SEPTEMBER 5, 2013

By David Green, the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
    Image removed by sender. 100_2605
    When my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we were working out of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames. Our first retail store wasnít much bigger than most peopleís living rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and worked according to Godís word.

From there, Hobby Lobby has become one of the nationís largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500 locations in 41 states. Our children grew up into fine business leaders, and today we run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.

Weíre Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. Iíve always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in harmony with Godís laws, and (2) to focus on people more than money. And thatís what weíve tried to do. We close early so our employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on Sundays, one of the weekís biggest shopping days, so that our workers and their families can enjoy a day of rest.

We believe that it is by Godís grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our employees. Weíve not only added jobs in a weak economy, weíve raised wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start at 80% above minimum wage.
    But now, our government threatens to change all of that.

A new government healthcare mandate says that our family business MUST provide what I believe are abortion-causing drugs as part of our health insurance. Being Christians, we donít pay for drugs that might cause abortions, which means that we donít cover emergency contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after pill. We believe doing so might end a life after the moment of conception, something that is contrary to our most important beliefs.

It goes against the Biblical principles on which we have run this company since day one.
    If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY in government fines.
    Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy.
    Our government threatens to fine a company thatís raised wages four years running.
    Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. Itís not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that itís the same for everybody. But thatís not true.

The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it wonít exempt them for reasons of religious belief.

So, Hobby Lobby and my family are forced to make a choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, asking a federal court to stop this mandate before it hurts our business. We donít like to go running into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important than turning a profit.

My family has lived the American dream. We want to continue growing our company and providing great jobs for thousands of employees, but the government is going to make that much more difficult.

The government is forcing us to choose between following our faith and following the law. I say thatís a choice no American and no American business should have to make.

The government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your fundamental religious belief. They have exempted thousands of companies but will not except Christian organizations including the Catholic church.

Since you will not see this in the liberal media, please pass this on to all your contacts.
    Sincerely,
    David Green
    CEO and Founder of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Default Hobby Lobby May Close All 500+ Stores in 41 States

Changing the fundamentals of America, whether we like it or not.

the charlatan is moving closer and closer to declaring martial law in this country and there isn't too much we can do about it because of the huge amount of moronic sheeple out there

"The government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your fundamental religious belief. "

BS.

Your religious beliefs may allow you to abuse women and children but you can bet we the people can force you to follow laws against abusing women and children.

I'm feed up with people waiving the imaginary sky buddy to exempt themselves form what we the people decide is the way we want to organize ourselves.

close your stores, go out of business, and don't let the door of the 21st century hit you in the arse on the way out.

On the one hand... Obamacare shouldn't be forcing anyone, business or individual, to have insurance they don't need/want (Let's give that gentleman maternity insurance, shall we? Just in case.). On the other hand, emergency contraceptives are available anyway and Hobby Lobby can hardly require employees to follow their religious beliefs, and as a business shouldn't try to dictate an individual's health or religious choices, either... Though that would be interesting. ("Premarital sex? You're fired!" lmao)

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm really not sure which way I want it to go. No matter what happens, though, it'll all end badly... we'll still be stuck with insane requirements anyway! Even if Hobby Lobby wins, it'll probably just add more convoluted regulations and subsequent loopholes, knowing this administration.

Next president, please?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    On the one hand... Obamacare shouldn't be forcing anyone, business or individual, to have insurance they don't need/want (Let's give that gentleman maternity insurance, shall we? Just in case.). On the other hand, emergency contraceptives are available anyway and Hobby Lobby can hardly require employees to follow their religious beliefs, and as a business shouldn't try to dictate an individual's health or religious choices, either... Though that would be interesting. ("Premarital sex? You're fired!" lmao)

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm really not sure which way I want it to go. No matter what happens, though, it'll all end badly... we'll still be stuck with insane requirements anyway! Even if Hobby Lobby wins, it'll probably just add more convoluted regulations and subsequent loopholes, knowing this administration.

Next president, please?
    I don't think that hobby lobby is telling their employees what or where or when they can do, all hobby lobby is saying that they do not want to be forced into paying for procedures that are against their beliefs. for example if one of their employees has an abortion I don't think that hobby lobby is going to terminate that employee but they also refuse to pay for that abortion. hobby lobby isn't forcing their views upon anyone all they are asking that their views be respected

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Time to take the country back start by voting all the ass holes out of office first, then use the Constitution for what it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't think that hobby lobby is telling their employees what or where or when they can do, all hobby lobby is saying that they do not want to be forced into paying for procedures that are against their beliefs. for example if one of their employees has an abortion I don't think that hobby lobby is going to terminate that employee but they also refuse to pay for that abortion. hobby lobby isn't forcing their views upon anyone all they are asking that their views be respected
    I was guessing that, and then enjoying the absurdity of the opposite. Just because the whole Obamacare situation is bizarre.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Hey nogods, if you want to be an atheist *******, that is your business. Don't push your libtard "we the people" crap way to organize in the 21st century on the owner of Hobby Lobby. This country was founded by God fearing patriots and built by God, Guns and the blood of Americans. Fuckers like you are chipping away at our constitutional principles.

We are very quickly becoming a nation where individual liberty, deviation from the collective norms, and men who stand on principle are no longer tolerated. The self proclaimed intellectual elite are setting the standards that we all must follow. The 2014 Congressional elections are the last chance to peaceably save this country from the tyranny of the social progressives and Marxists. Businesses and individuals who deviate from their Utopian ideals will otherwise be destroyed.

We have a virtually impossible task to convince the indolent and ignorant voters of our country that the promises of progressives are only a cruel illusion. The useful idiots are always the first to be eliminated for the good of the collective. Those who still value our Republic may be forced reluctantly to resist the developing tyranny. If the writings of our founders are to be taken seriously, we have an obligation to resist tyranny as a people who deserve to be free.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast