disturbing footage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

disturbing footage

This is a discussion on disturbing footage within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; My son made me aware of this...yikes! YouTube - Flobots - Handlebars...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation disturbing footage

My son made me aware of this...yikes!
    YouTube - Flobots - Handlebars
    Last edited by festus; 11-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Festus, when I tried to play this it said " sorry this video is no longer available ". What was it?

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Default Try it now!

Quote Originally Posted by RDW View Post
    Festus, when I tried to play this it said " sorry this video is no longer available ". What was it?
    It is a music video about where we may be headed.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    It is a music video about where we may be headed.
    I have the perfect music for that. It is the funeral dirge. Or perhaps we could just play Credence Clearwater's song, Bad Moon Rising.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I got it to work. By the way it kind of reminded me for some reason of a movie that was done in the late 60's or early 70's called Shape of Things to Come. It was about a man who ran for president that preached change and aimed his message at the younger people. Don't know if it is available anywhere.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I did some checking. I was wrong. the name of the movie was Wild in the Streets. You can read a little about it and listen to the music theme from it titled, Nothing can change the shape of things to come. The story line is a little scary in light of the recent election.

WILD IN THE STREETS

wolfhunter Guest

Interesting. Scary. Disturbing.

gpbarth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I did some checking. I was wrong. the name of the movie was Wild in the Streets. You can read a little about it and listen to the music theme from it titled, Nothing can change the shape of things to come. The story line is a little scary in light of the recent election.

WILD IN THE STREETS
    Very familiar with that film, made in 1968. THat's where the (in)famous line "Never trust anyone over 30!" came from. "Seniors" were given LSD Kool-aid to keep them under control, and locked in concentration camps - hardly "retirement."

When I was in college many years ago I enrolled in a Political Science class where we read and discussed dystopic novels.

It would be very nice if we could interest young people in works of this type. I could start the list with:
    Darkness at Noon
    Fahrenheit 451
    Brave New World
    A Clockwork Orange

I don't think we can even get today's youth to watch the film versions of these as they require an attention span longer than a 30 second sound bite.

BTW "Wild In The Streets" is a dystopia that ends with a twist as even younger children are plotting the demise of the 'youngsters' who have taken control.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    Very familiar with that film, made in 1968. THat's where the (in)famous line "Never trust anyone over 30!" came from. "Seniors" were given LSD Kool-aid to keep them under control, and locked in concentration camps - hardly "retirement."
    Yep, I remember seeing it at the drive in. I actually had a copy at one time of the song. Don't know what ever happened to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast