The Castle Doctrine & your State
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Castle Doctrine & your State

This is a discussion on The Castle Doctrine & your State within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; A really good resource regarding the Castle Doctrine and the States that have adopted it. Useful information regarding each State ...

Glockster20 is offline Clinging to God and guns

Default The Castle Doctrine & your State

A really good resource regarding the Castle Doctrine and the States that have adopted it. Useful information regarding each State and their individual codes. NOTE, not all states have adopted it.

Caslte doctrine law .. know your self defense rights
    Last edited by Glockster20; 12-17-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Very good information. Thanks for posting!

I was lookig for this exact type of site. Thanks!
    - FreedomsAdvocate
    Citizenship ought to be reserved for those who carry arms. - Aristotle
    My latest article on Associated Content

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

I did not look at every state, only my state, but only after reading the info there did I discover that my state's Castle Doctrine law allows for the protection of both life and property. That's good to know!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Glockster,

I am officially happy that no matter how crappy MD's gun laws are, we still have a bonified castle doctrine here, it's one of the oldest in our country, and Im sure saves more than a few lives a year. And like you Tatt, we can protect our property as well, just a twist on the law. If its night time you may kill the intruder be cause its considered possible burglery. If its during the daytime (trespassing) you may point and fire warning shots untill attacked, then shoot the assailant. So daytime is considered a basic trespass that doesnt warrant being shot. haha My uncles a judge in baltimore city for the states circuit. He found an unlucky man in his home a few weeks ago and the guy was out of the window before he could get his first shot off. He's always a preparred man.
    Last edited by createdeemcee; 12-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Thanks Glockster,

I am officially happy that no matter how crappy MD's gun laws are, we still have a bonified castle doctrine here, it's one of the oldest in our country, and Im sure saves more than a few lives a year. And like you Tatt, we can protect our property as well, just a twist on the law. If its night time you may kill the intruder be cause its considered possible burglery. If its during the daytime (trespassing) you may point and fire warning shots untill attacked, then shoot the assailant. So daytime is considered a basic trespass that doesnt warrant being shot. haha My uncles a judge in baltimore city for the states circuit. He found an unlucky man in his home a few weeks ago and the guy was out of the window before he could get his first shot off. He's always a preparred man.
    Is your uncle one of the fortunate few in the PRMD who has been able to obtain a carry permit?

As for the Castle Doctrine law, I did not know that PRMD of all places had one. In that case, it's not as horrible as I previously thought it was.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

gpbarth Guest

This is why I like Florida's law:

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

No "Castle Doctrine" needed in Fla. If you have a right to be there, you have no duty to retreat, period!

Is your uncle one of the fortunate few in the PRMD who has been able to obtain a carry permit?
    Why yes he is one of the lucky few, but he also recieves many death threats and was shot at in the 80's. I wish he could have maid an example out of his intruder that only scored a 6.00$ worth of change, and my aunts necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Why yes he is one of the lucky few, but he also recieves many death threats and was shot at in the 80's. I wish he could have maid an example out of his intruder that only scored a 6.00$ worth of change, and my aunts necklace.
    Awesome! It's unfortunate that it takes a threat against one's life for the state to recognize the right to self defense.

Benjamin Franklin

Awesome! It's unfortunate that it takes a threat against one's life for the state to recognize the right to self defense.
    Very true, I hope one day America is shall issue for all 50 states, the statistcs involving guns in California is astounding. Let the law abiders carry and problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast