What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns? - Page 4
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns?

This is a discussion on What Do We Do If They Try To Confiscate Our Guns? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Havoc Hmm..My second Post....Take my guns..I will give them up legally. However if the moment should arise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Hmm..My second Post....Take my guns..I will give them up legally. However if the moment should arise that I am the victim of some punk on the streets, and I am shot, if I do not die. Be prepared to be sued beyond all comprehession.

The govt once said they would protect us. Tell me the location of The World Trade Center in NYC...I cant seem to find them. Also can anyone direct me to the Edward R Morrow Federal Building in Oklohoma City....And while you are at it...Prove to me without a shadow of a doubt you can defend me 100% from any act of crime better than I could if I am armed?

The govt once said they would protect us.
    Who is going to protect us from the government?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It is unlikely that direct, physical confiscation of guns will be used by the government in the foreseeable future. A far better way to control firearms and their owners will be to tax guns and ammunition out of sight. Taxes and similar 'civil' penalties are always the first line of attack of the 'democratic tyrants' of history. But there is a down side to that method: While hurting pocketbooks is always a good way to coerce, it is also a good way to build deep dissatisfaction with government, as the Brits found in the latter 18th Century. Once that dissatisfaction builds to the boiling point, things have a way of taking on a life of their own.

To argue that resistance is a Bad Thing because one has friends who are LEOs and would only be 'doing their job' is an argument that was pretty discredited at Nuremburg. We all make choices. Those who would make the choice to disarm their fellow citizens at the orders of a tyrannical government probably do not deserve such friendly consideration. Also, to say that we should bury our guns for a time 'when they would really be needed' seems confusing to me. When would they be needed MORE? Someone once said that if it was time to bury them is was a better time to use them. YMMV.

Finally, 'kool-aid drinker' originally referred to the popularity of the beverage in the 60s as a carrier for LSD. In this sense it refers to delusional, usually liberal, pie-in-the-sky politics such a 'flower power.' Later it came to be associated with the Rev. Jim Jones who induced his expatriate flock in Guyana to kill themselves and their children using poisoned kool aid. In this sense it refers to people who are so willing to be controlled that they will do whatever they are told by their leaders. Neither reference has anything to do with race. Ironically, to say that it does has tinges of racism itself, as such an accusation would seem to imply that kool aid drinkers belong to a particular race or ethnic group.

Resistance is my plan till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Hmm..My second Post....Take my guns..I will give them up legally. However if the moment should arise that I am the victim of some punk on the streets, and I am shot, if I do not die. Be prepared to be sued beyond all comprehession.

The govt once said they would protect us. Tell me the location of The World Trade Center in NYC...I cant seem to find them. Also can anyone direct me to the Edward R Morrow Federal Building in Oklohoma City....And while you are at it...Prove to me without a shadow of a doubt you can defend me 100% from any act of crime better than I could if I am armed?
    I'm not sure when or where the government said it would 'protect us,' but I know the Constitution guarantees us various things but nowhere say anything about safety.

What I DO know is that courts up to and including the SOCUS have decided over and over again that public safety organizations have no responsibility for the safety or aid of individual citizens.

Your suit will go nowhere.

Tex4oc is offline Patriot 1st

Default cold, dead, hands

I will kill or die before anyone comes to steal my guns, it will simply be "they are in the cabinet in the corner...all you have to do is get there". No one shall be disbarred the use of arms, and I won't let my freedoms be taken by a punk, or a President (so called). I can't believe I'm hearing so many people acting like they don't know what to do about the thieves and their plans to rob us of our property and freedoms. You treat them like any other thief.

Unfortunately, these 'thieves' will come (IF they come) with government warrants. We will need more than macho bluster to weather this storm as a nation.

Anything being done to create a nation-wide Minute Man organization for 'the gravest extreme'?

Default Macho bluster

I don't appreciate the reference, but then I'm not a "touchy, feely" kind of guy, what you call macho bluster, I call my ideals, and I will not relinquish them no matter what. Does Randy Weaver mean anything to you. My family, this country, and the future of the American way of life, means a bit more than any one life, including my own, or the bastard that tries to come into my house. I'll expect your apology at my funeral if it comes to that.

Default minute man

P.S. sign me up for minute man duty, I'll gladly pull my shift!

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    If they take my guns away I am going to move to the land down under.

At least there I can legally shoot at dingo babies

Whatcha think?
    Oh, no, you can't! Australia has a very active anti-gun program going. The woman who helped produce that program is now in the States helping the Brady Group.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    I don't appreciate the reference, but then I'm not a "touchy, feely" kind of guy, what you call macho bluster, I call my ideals, and I will not relinquish them no matter what. Does Randy Weaver mean anything to you. My family, this country, and the future of the American way of life, means a bit more than any one life, including my own, or the bastard that tries to come into my house. I'll expect your apology at my funeral if it comes to that.
    I hope and pray it doesn't come to your funeral, or any other patriot's.

I know all about Randy Weaver, and Lon Horiuchi, and the rest of it. And you are absolutely right: the future of this country IS more important than any one life. That's why we have to do more than stay singular, isolated, alone-- and angry.

As sad as I would be to hear about your funeral, you'll get no apology from me as what I said is true and needs to be addressed at some point.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast