Sample Letter- Send to ALL Your Elected State Senators and Representatives

Sample Letter- Send to ALL Your Elected State Senators and Representatives

This is a discussion on Sample Letter- Send to ALL Your Elected State Senators and Representatives within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; thanks to wuzfuz for one of his earlier posts, upon which this was based. please get to work my friends! ...

Default Sample Letter- Send to ALL Your Elected State Senators and Representatives

thanks to wuzfuz for one of his earlier posts, upon which this was based. please get to work my friends!

sample:

Dear ____:

I am writing to express to you my concern about the ever-increasing attack on the US Constitution's Second Amendment. I see it everywhere in DC politics, from the views espoused by Attorney Genera Eric Holder, to proposed legislation HR 45, to recent comments by Bill Clinton caling for stricter "gun control".

Let me please remind you that guns do not commit crimes. Criminals commit crimes. A firearm is no more dangerous in the wrong hands than is a motor vehicle or a bottle of alcohol. It is my strong feeling that what this coutry needs is criminal-control, not more gun-control.
    The Second Amendment states:

"... a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Our beloved Founding Fathers displayed great wisdom when they made the Second Amendment. In fact, the Second Amendment is one of the rights that makes America the land of the free and the home of the brave.

The Presidential Oath includes the phrase:

"...to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States..."

In fact, evreryone who takes the Oath of Loyalty is sworn to resist all tampering with the Constitution. This includes Senators, representatives, all military personnel, State Troopers, Sheriffs, Deputies and City Police. Any of these officials who attempts to disarm American citizens is guilty of High Treason and Despotism, and this includes the president of the United States.

Which has the higher authority, the United States Constitution or elected government officials? Let me please ask you to commit to making a strong stand in support of the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and to resist any and all attempts to undermine the Constitution and thus strip Americans of their rights.

I would respectfully request a written response from your office.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely Yours,

Last edited by Tea For One; 02-10-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Just this morning, I mailed out this letter to the offices of every one of my state senators and state representatives. Let us work hard to make sure our elected officials hear our voices. lord knows the crazy liberals make their voices heard.