Colt Firearms, Anti-Gun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colt Firearms, Anti-Gun?

This is a discussion on Colt Firearms, Anti-Gun? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm shopping around for a new pistol and wanted to take a look at Colt 1911's. Perhaps I'm the last ...

Default Colt Firearms, Anti-Gun?

I'm shopping around for a new pistol and wanted to take a look at Colt 1911's. Perhaps I'm the last to know, but if not I think many of you may find it interesting that Colt does not have a website for civillians. It has Colt- Law Enforcement, Colt Military, and Colt Private Security (Blackwater).

So, I thought i'd look at one of my favorite online gun stores ImpactGuns.com where I found the following statement:

A note about Colt products: Colt has such a good reputation earned over many decades, that we are obligated to offer their products. If not for such good will, most dealers would simply avoid anything with them name COLT.Why? Mostly because of the attitude at Colt to prevent law abiding citizens from owning Colt firearms in legal configurations. We have to ask- "Who is running Colt, and what is the company mission?"
    So, we sell Colt firearms when we can get them. You as a buyer will have a firearm with a lifetime service agreement, and the prospect of future appreciation due to the silly company policies at Colt headquarters.

Anyone that can elaborate further it would be greatly appreciated.
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

wolfhunter Guest

Don't know what Impact Guns was referring to, but here's Colt's website: Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

I found this statement on their News page, "November 4, 2002
    Colt splits in two companies
    Effective November 4, 2002, Colt completed reorganizing its operations into separate military and commercial businesses. As a result Colt Defense, LLC was established to conduct the business of manufacturing and selling military products while Colt’s Manufacturing Company, Inc. will continue to manufacture and sell commercial products. The ultimate goal of this reorganization is to better position and equip each business to compete in it’s own marketplace."

DocBoCook is offline Not Negotiable, A Right

I thought you just meant the Price when I read the title. I dunno about what kind of legal configurations are you talking about?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Quote Originally Posted by Landavazoaj View Post
    I'm shopping around for a new pistol and wanted to take a look at Colt 1911's. Perhaps I'm the last to know, but if not I think many of you may find it interesting that Colt does not have a website for civillians. It has Colt- Law Enforcement, Colt Military, and Colt Private Security (Blackwater).

Anyone that can elaborate further it would be greatly appreciated.
    Think you might be wrong. While Colt did drop a lot of models from their civilian line because of economics and government contracts, they still have a civilian line of guns. Check out

Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC

wolfhunter Guest

OK, I also found this by searching for "Colt firearms anti-gun"

SIGHTINGS

[QUOTE=wolfhunter;65271]OK, I also found this by searching for "Colt firearms anti-gun"

SIGHTINGS[/QUOT

Reports of this type I take with a Very large grain of salt. I'm still looking for the Black Helicoptors and American concentration camps.

Hmm, that is odd especially since being told something similar at a gun store here in New Mexico. When I asked about Colt the clerk kind of rolled his eyes and said they make great guns but he'd hope that i'd patronize a manufacture that is in the market for the people....
    REVOLUTION: Idea's spread they cannot stop them an idea who's time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government!- Ron Paul

they probably have enought military contracts that they dont need to bother with the civilian guns,

[quote=astute;65276]
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    OK, I also found this by searching for "Colt firearms anti-gun"

SIGHTINGS[/QUOT

Reports of this type I take with a Very large grain of salt. I'm still looking for the Black Helicoptors and American concentration camps.
    Perhaps you have not looked hard enough.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Cooter is offline Liberty or Death

+1 HK4U

Here's some footage of one camp. Plenty more if you look around.

YouTube - FEMA Camp Footage (Concentrations Camps in USA)

Black Helicopters, are you serious? I thought this was beyond the "Crazy Conspiracy Theory" phase. Just google it, you'll find plenty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast