Would you buy an unregistered gun?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you buy an unregistered gun?

This is a discussion on Would you buy an unregistered gun? within the Politics forums, part of the Main Category category; For me, YES! Personally, I think that is the best kind of gun to buy. I just wished I knew ...

iteclab is offline iteclab

Question Would you buy an unregistered gun?

For me, YES! Personally, I think that is the best kind of gun to buy. I just wished I knew where to get them.

When Obama's (and Kennedy's) Health Care plan goes through, we may have to pay more if we have guns in the home. And they already know, if you have registered guns. If you think you won't have to pay, think again. Remember the payroll deduction to the IRS at work? Your employer will be required to deduct the additional charge from your paycheck. Retired? They will stop your social security check to pay it.

So, you will have to give up your registered guns -- or starve. You still have the right to have guns. You will just have to pay a lot more for your government insurance. Yes, you will have government medical insurance because your employer isn't going to pay for it any more since you can get it for 'free' from the government. And Obama and his ilk will charge you whatever they want. If you have guns, you will just have to pay a lot more for your portion. Rumor has it about $10,000 per year. And it will be deducted from your paycheck.

So, if you want protection, the only guns you will keep will be the ones they don't know about. Somehow, you have to avoid registration.

Without giving away your secrets, what should we do? Private trades? Travel to other states without registration? Where would that be?

I'm in Clark County, Nevada. We have to register all new ones we buy.

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

Well, there's state registration and there's federal registration. Indiana has voluntary state registration. No one volunteers. It requires an affirmative act on the part of the buyer to initiate a government registration of gun ownership of gun G by owner O. No one ever bothers.

Otherwise, there's ATF Form 4473 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . They have these for every sale that happened through a federally licensed gun dealer. When they start walking through their file cabinets full of 4473s and they come to yours, if you can't produce the associated firearm, you'd better be able to give them name, phone, address, and SSN of the person you sold it to, or else they'll just spitefully TRIPLE your federal healthcare bill.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Don't live in Clark County, NV. You are in the only county in NV that requires blue cards. Move to Pahrump!

I'm in Washoe County, fill out the 4473 and you're out the door up here.
    "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." -- William S. Burroughs.

I have never needed to register any firearm,that I have purchased.
    Some of my stuff was obtained many years ago,and there probably is no record of sale by now.
    How many years do they keep sales records by law????

They have used form 4473 since 1968 and they still have everyone that was ever filled out.

What do you mean by registered? As far as I know I don't have any guns that are registered. In fact I have one that can't be registered as it doesn't have a serial number on it, never had one.

Clark County, Nevada is the only County in the entire State of Nevada that has a stinking mandatory HANDGUN registration requirement (AKA: Blue Card)

There is no long gun registration requirement in Nevada...

But whether anybody admits to it or not, if you have ever filed out a BATFE Form 4473, you can bet you are in a federal and or state government database, in the interest of public safety and or common sense firearm oversight as the gun grabbers typically use as talking points...

Thanks to things such as the Usurper's first executive order, made hours after he took his oath, (Unprecedented) you can pretty much count on not knowing anything he or his butt buddy Attorney General and fellow gun grabber extraordinaire Eric Holder does not think you need to know...
    Including Government Watch Lists, Any tangible proof that the Usurper is eligible to hold the very position he usurped, etc...
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...entialRecords/
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...csCommitments/

This is something the State Legislature grandfathered in back in 2007 when they passed their preemption law, which although eliminated some of the more foolish laws in Boulder City and the City of North Las Vegas...

It left a few that I can think of off the top of my head that Nevadans need to push for repeal...

1. Blue Card/Hand Gun Registration Repeal.
    2. Repeal compliance with Brady Bill, already ruled Unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court.
    3. Repeal NICS checks, fees etc.
    4. Repeal any waiting periods.
    5. Repeal any agreement to BATFE Form 4473 compliance.
    6. Repeal any agreement to comply with any BATFE/Congressional directives that are in Conflict with the 2nd and 10th Amendments... (10th Amendment Initiative, to get the Federal Government out of our private business). "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is pretty fricking clear, butt the hell out of our unalienable rights...
    7. Repeal the State-Wide law prohibiting loaded rifles and or shotguns from being carried in any vehicle, other then Law-Enforcement, and or Government employees.
    8. Repeal any requirement for a Concealed or other Carry Permit to carry open or concealed...

The Second Amendment; "IT'S A RIGHT NOT A PRIVILEGE"

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    They have used form 4473 since 1968 and they still have everyone that was ever filled out.
    Only the dealer has the 4473 and it's not sent to the ATF. They have to keep it for 20 years. If a business closes they turn over all 4473's and bound books on hand . These are the only forms the ATF has. One exception is if the dealer is using the ATF online forms then they get these also. So they don't have all forms filled out since 1968.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Only the dealer has the 4473 and it's not sent to the ATF. They have to keep it for 20 years. If a business closes they turn over all 4473's and bound books on hand . These are the only forms the ATF has. One exception is if the dealer is using the ATF online forms then they get these also. So they don't have all forms filled out since 1968.
    IF that is the case how come the BATFE routinely fines dealers for typo's, missing info, abbreviations, etc., on Form 4473?

I can tell you from personal experience, a FFL who is a friend of mine told me about 6 months ago he was fined 250 bucks for a missing check box entry on a 4473 that I filled out...

Red's Trading Post is in a major lawsuit against the BATFE for clerical errors on form 4473's... that the BATFE is trying to shut them down over...

Red's is one of the oldest FFL's in the country...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Bought-Any-Guns-Lately

Avail is offline Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Quote Originally Posted by iteclab View Post
    I'm in Clark County, Nevada. We have to register all new ones we buy.
    Sucks doesn't it, I hate having to carry those stupid things with me :(

I personally like having a few unregistered handguns available 'just in case'. Too bad that we would be breaking the law if we did that here in Clark County.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast