Religion of peace NOT!! - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Religion of peace NOT!!

This is a discussion on Religion of peace NOT!! within the Religion and Guns (CLOSED) forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by ronwill Here's what I said in an earlier post: "I don't believe this "few" will all come ...

Ringo is offline Absolute Truth

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Here's what I said in an earlier post: "I don't believe this "few" will all come from a single faith but from many because they obeyed the teachings of the Bible not because they were Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Pentecostal, or any other organized church."

We agree on everything except "all being judged". Jesus will forgive every sin, except one, if asked with a sincere heart. Many will be left behind and only a few will enter heaven. I think it's only the judgment part we differ on.
    ronwill

I don't follow you here. What sin will Jesus not forgive? One cannot enter Heaven guilty of even one sin no matter how sincere your heart is. And how do we differ on judgment? The Bible is clear that there are TWO JUDGMENTS-1) The Judgment Seat of Christ or Bema Seat (Rewards-Crowns/Christians)& 2) The White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium (second death) where all people throughout history who died in their sins will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
    The World Isn't Falling Apart, It's Falling Into Place

Do those of you that do believe think that this rapture will happen in your lifetime?
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Do those of you that do believe think that this rapture will happen in your lifetime?

Absolutely, at any moment.

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

This whole Muslin thing is merely the currently "politically correct" flavor of racist bigotry, and you are all guilty of it.

Some mindsets just gravitate towards that type thing. Not really your fault, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    ronwill

I don't follow you here. What sin will Jesus not forgive? One cannot enter Heaven guilty of even one sin no matter how sincere your heart is. And how do we differ on judgment? The Bible is clear that there are TWO JUDGMENTS-1) The Judgment Seat of Christ or Bema Seat (Rewards-Crowns/Christians)& 2) The White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium (second death) where all people throughout history who died in their sins will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
    Maybe we're having a "failure to communicate" I guess we're closer in belief than we are different.

HunterLee is offline HunterLee

After reading all of the posts above, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of those posting have NOT read the Bible, as most all verses used were used out of context. One thing everyone needs to remember, regardless of how much God (kills), or demands killing, verses the writings in the Quran demanding Killing: The books in the Old Testement are over 2000 years old, the books in the New Testement start (I am guessing) at about 1800 -1900 years old. The Quran is about (as I am not absolutely sure I will guess) 1400 - 1700 years old. My point is that the mindset of man was a lot different 2000 years ago on how man delt with man. Most all people have changed and become more compassionate towards their fellow man. Muslims (as a majority) have not, and will not change (as can be seen on TV, in the news, anywhere,everywhere). Where Christians, Jews, and even athiests have more or less changed with the times. There are the oddball cases; Jim Jones, Waco, bombing abortion clinics. Even the Jews terrorist bombings in the late 30s, early 40s do not even come close to the modern mass killing that muslims do, and have been doing in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterLee View Post
    After reading all of the posts above, I have come to the conclusion that the majority of those posting have NOT read the Bible, as most all verses used were used out of context. One thing everyone needs to remember, regardless of how much God (kills), or demands killing, verses the writings in the Quran demanding Killing: The books in the Old Testement are over 2000 years old, the books in the New Testement start (I am guessing) at about 1800 -1900 years old. The Quran is about (as I am not absolutely sure I will guess) 1400 - 1700 years old. My point is that the mindset of man was a lot different 2000 years ago on how man delt with man. Most all people have changed and become more compassionate towards their fellow man. Muslims (as a majority) have not, and will not change (as can be seen on TV, in the news, anywhere,everywhere). Where Christians, Jews, and even athiests have more or less changed with the times. There are the oddball cases; Jim Jones, Waco, bombing abortion clinics. Even the Jews terrorist bombings in the late 30s, early 40s do not even come close to the modern mass killing that muslims do, and have been doing in Pakistan, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran.
    Throughout all history the only thing that hasn't changed is the nature of man. Given the opportunity, this is evident everywhere and in every century. The worst is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Maybe we're having a "failure to communicate" I guess we're closer in belief than we are different.
    ronwill, I don't find any failure to communicate, only failure on your part to answer me a very simple question. I'll ask you again; what is the ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive? The question is important because, if Jesus' shed blood and death on the cross was insufficient to accomplish God's plan of salvation, in that there is even ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive, then the Bible is a lie.

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

... then the Bible is a lie.
    I wouldn't go so far as to characterize it as a "lie." More like a collection of stories that should not be interpreted literally and may or mat not hold some degree of relevance for contemporary teaching purposes.

ronwill, I don't find any failure to communicate, only failure on your part to answer me a very simple question. I'll ask you again; what is the ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive? The question is important because, if Jesus' shed blood and death on the cross was insufficient to accomplish God's plan of salvation, in that there is even ONE SIN that Jesus cannot forgive, then the Bible is a lie.
    Hmm, thought I'd answered that in a previous post. Read Mathew chapter 12 and the following versus:

31: Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

32: Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast