Catholic Church hires hitmen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Catholic Church hires hitmen.

This is a discussion on Catholic Church hires hitmen. within the Religion and Guns (CLOSED) forums, part of the Main Category category; Police: Priest solicited murder of boy accusing him of sex abuse - CNN.com As if it were not enough that ...

G50AE is offline Banned

Default Catholic Church hires hitmen.

Police: Priest solicited murder of boy accusing him of sex abuse - CNN.com

As if it were not enough that the Catholic Church encourages the murder of doctors who perform abortions, now they have new hardcore tactics to deal with issues of preists commiting rapes. Commit a rape, hire a hitman, bury the evidence.

The Catholic church promotes murder AND hires hitmen? It's fascinating how you combined two radical generalizations to accuse an entire organization of the evil perpetrated a few. Show me where the Vatican promotes either of those two things.

What an ignorant statement.

For the record I hope he gets locked away for the rest of his life.

Agreed - a totally irresponsible statement. This is also another reason CNN is in trouble. They conveneintly neglected to mention that the man was removed from the priesthood in 2008 for a completly unrelated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoherty View Post
    The Catholic church promotes murder AND hires hitmen? It's fascinating how you combined two radical generalizations to accuse an entire organization of the evil perpetrated a few. Show me where the Vatican promotes either of those two things.

What an ignorant statement.

For the record I hope he gets locked away for the rest of his life.
    I have to agree... the actions of one individual can not be attributed to any organization any more than one guy with a gun that does evil can be linked to every gun owner in the US......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I have to agree... the actions of one individual can not be attributed to any organization any more than one guy with a gun that does evil can be linked to every gun owner in the US......
    yea but the antis and the news try there best with that...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

G50AE is offline Banned

Default Slight reword to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    I have to agree... the actions of one individual can not be attributed to any organization any more than one guy who practices Islam that does evil can be linked to every Muslim in the US......
    Amazing how people will look the other way when the agents of the Catholic Church commit atrocities and say that it is an isolated incident, but then if a Muslim does something they don't like then they take issue with Islam as a whole. Why the double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Amazing how people will look the other way when the agents of the Catholic Church commit atrocities and say that it is an isolated incident, but then if a Muslim does something they don't like then they take issue with Islam as a whole. Why the double standard?
    You need to learn the rules around here.

Every Muslim represents every other Muslim. Jjust as every liberal represents every other liberal.

But conservatives and Christians are all autonomous individuals.

If a conservative Christian blows up a federal building he is either an isolated nut or a legend.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You need to learn the rules around here.

Every Muslim represents every other Muslim. Jjust as every liberal represents every other liberal.

But conservatives and Christians are all autonomous individuals.

If a conservative Christian blows up a federal building he is either an isolated nut or a legend.
    My bad, you seem to be right though, there is a double standard.

I agree this was not the Catholic church that attempted to hire a hit man but a rogue priest. People will, however, look at this person as a representative of the church and it will be one more recent mark against the church.

It didn't work that way with the Klan, but you are right the Church should not be blamed for the actions of an individual, they have done enough on their own they don't need any help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast