Gun Under the Seat....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gun Under the Seat....

This is a discussion on Gun Under the Seat.... within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Just heard this on the news, Figured you guys would like to know.... Bill allowing guns under car seats advances ...

Default Gun Under the Seat....

Just heard this on the news, Figured you guys would like to know....

Bill allowing guns under car seats advances - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

This is a step forward. But, guns under the seat is inconvenient; there should be no problem with a gun carried openly or hidden in a person's own property.
    And, does this commenter (FTFA) think before he posts?
    ちょうどゲームを失った。
    Part of me is for this, but I'd have to read the proposed bill. The issue I have is that the gun should only be accessible by the driver, it shouldn't be capable of sliding into the back seat or be grabbed from the back seat. Something that secures it in that location is all I ask for.
    Did he mean to say that nobody in a car except the driver should be able to access a firearm?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    This is a step forward. But, guns under the seat is inconvenient; there should be no problem with a gun carried openly or hidden in a person's own property.
    And, does this commenter (FTFA) think before he posts?

Did he mean to say that nobody in a car except the driver should be able to access a firearm?
    I read it as saying that no one else in the car should have access to the driver's firearm.
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

This is stupid. Under the car seat is the last place I would want my carry firearm. Dirt, crap, barrel obstruction come to mind. You would ruin a good holster. Not to mention it can be accessed by your child in the back seat without the drivers consent, or knowledge.
    The front seat passenger will have zero access to it.
    While your drawing your carry firearm from under the car seat, while you are bringing it to bear, you will sweep everyone inside, and outside of your the car with the muzzle.
    What if your car is moving, and you need your firearm?
    While some thug is trying jack your car, you are feeling under the seat for your piece? No F'ing way.
    Remember the dog you breaked hard to avoid, now your firearm is under your floor pedals. Even worse if you drive a toyota.
    On the body, center console, or glove compartment. Or in the trunk, or safe box. Never under the seat.
    Under the seat is where criminals keep their gats. Ever watch Cops?

It will be interesting to read the bill to see what else is in it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Whether it's a good place or bad, I can honestly say under the seat is a natural place to put a pistol. I grew up in S.C., still here, and my father always put his S&W 38 in a holster under the drivers seat.

Many years ago I hit the breaks on my car and a Pepsi bottle (I think it was) rolled out from under the seat and between the brake and floorboard, I almost wrecked because of that. It scared the whatever out of me and now I never allow anything to be stowed und the drivers seat unless it is secured. This goes for guns also and it the one part of this bill I do not like. Placing your gun under the seat of you car without it being secured is asking for trouble and as someone else said it just about the last place I would carry one.

I personally would like to see a bill that allowed a seat holster - or under-dash holster. This makes much more sense to me.... under the seat is not a place for a firearm IMO
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

I'll post the same thing that I did on another forum.

Storing under the seat is bad for a myriad of reasons. Accessibility and accidents are just two of them.

What SC needs to do is pass a law that allows the use of a "car" holster.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

What SC needs to do is pass a law that allows the use of a "car" holster.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

My Website: Nerd with a .45

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast