Concealed Carry in restaurants. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Concealed Carry in restaurants.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in restaurants. within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I appreciate the input. As I stated in my initial post, I do not frequent nor do I seek out ...

I appreciate the input. As I stated in my initial post, I do not frequent nor do I seek out establishments that sell liquor for consumption. But to say that you don't realize what restaurants do and do not sell alcohol for consumption is really short sighted. When you walk into a Ruby Tuesday's, Chili’s, etc. - the first thing you see if the huge bar in the restaurant (and I used Ruby’s & Chili’s as examples, if you don’t go there, that’s cool, but don’t litter the thread with “I don’t go here or there”). And from what my CWP instructor, other instructors, and LEOs have remarked on this subject, that it is a HUGE no no. I am all about keeping my weapon with me, but not to the point of breaking the law(s) we are all trying to uphold. We all went through the time and effort to obtain our CWPs, in order to be able to conceal carry legally. Why jeopardize what we are all working so hard to keep? The "No harm, no foul" attitude just does not cut it, and when it comes down to someone losing their CWP over this issue, until it becomes legal, is not worth the price. All we need is some liberal knee-jerking kool-aid drinker to distort this out of proportion. I certainly do not want to end up like the poor folks in California, N.J., or Illinois. They have little or zero access to their 2nd Amendment rights. We all need to stay smart about carrying concealed, because when one makes a mistake, it affects us all. So until we can carry legally in establishments that serve alcohol for consumption. Please think twice about the bigger picture.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CWPSC1968 View Post
    Has anyone heard when concealed carry will be allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol? I do not frequent bars, taverns, or gin mills, but when I go to say an Applebees, Fridays, etc., it burns my bottom to have to leave my weapon in my vehicle. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Under South Carolina Liquor laws there is no such thing as a bar, tavern, or ginmill that serves liquor. Liquor Licences can only be issued to restaurants, private clubs and hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Under South Carolina Liquor laws there is no such thing as a bar, tavern, or ginmill that serves liquor. Liquor Licences can only be issued to restaurants, private clubs and hotels.
    I was just using those terms as a generalization. Please keep the posts purtinent to the thread, and not just some nitpicking comment because something was not phrased the exact right way.

Default Concealed carry in restaurants - Michigan

Has anyone heard when concealed carry will be allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol? I do not frequent bars, taverns, or gin mills, but when I go to say an Applebees, Fridays, etc., it burns my bottom to have to leave my weapon in my vehicle. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    I live in Michigan. Your own state laws may be different.

The Michigan Pistol Free Zone list includes "A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises."

During our CCW class, this topic came up and the instructor said, "If you are in a bar that serves food, don't carry your gun. If you are in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you are OK." By this he meant for us to figure out what the PRIMARY source of income was: food or liquor. Using this application, he said places like Applebees and Chili's were OK, but places like Arbor Brewing Company and Conor O'Neil's [popular local bars] are NOT OK.

Your best bet is to look to the specific state statutes.

Best of luck,

In Virginia you can CC to a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol but you cannot yourself have a drink.

XJ_MAC is offline M.A. Cooper

Ohio's trying to pass a "as long as you don't drink" law currently. Will have to see if it passes before lame duck sessions are out.

Quote Originally Posted by blume357@ View Post
    Hopefully it will come up this year and grassroots S.C. will push it... but as for what our esteemed lamebrained law makers do with it.... who knows.
    I am planning to keep close tabs on my state legislatures.
    Just need to know the processes and who will be involved.

!!Go GRASSROOTS Go!!

New York State has never prohibited concealed carry in places that serve alcohol.

The libertards in New York State think that people who are licensed to carry concealed should have enough sense not to carry while inhibited by alcohol, and not everyone at a bar is drinking alcohol at the bar.

So the NY libertards see no reason to outlaw concealed carry in places that serve alcohol.

Hopefully the NRA will start a lawsuit and put an end to this libertard way of thinking before we lose all of our second amendment rights to such libertard thinking.

G50AE is offline Banned

Arrow From the South Carolina Constitution

I was just using those terms as a generalization. Please keep the posts purtinent to the thread,
    That was purtinent to the thread in question. The State of South Carolina has writen into its constitution that only restaurants, hotels, and private clubs may obtain a liquor licence for on premesis consumption.

ARTICLE VIII-A.

ALCOHOLIC LIQUOR AND BEVERAGES
    SECTION 1. Powers of General Assembly.

In the exercise of the police power the General Assembly has the right to prohibit and to regulate the manufacture, sale, and retail of alcoholic liquors or beverages within the State. The General Assembly may license persons or corporations to manufacture, sell, and retail alcoholic liquors or beverages within the State under the rules and restrictions as it considers proper, including the right to sell alcoholic liquors or beverages in containers of such size as the General Assembly considers appropriate. The General Assembly may prohibit the manufacture, sale, and retail of alcoholic liquors and beverages within the State, and may authorize and empower state, county, and municipal officers, all or either, under the authority and in the name of the State, to buy in any market and retail within the State liquors and beverages in such packages and quantities, under such rules and regulations, as it considers expedient. However, a license must not be granted to sell alcoholic beverages in less quantities than one ounce in licensed retail stores, or to sell them between seven o'clock p.m. and nine o'clock a.m., or to sell them to be drunk on the premises; however, the General Assembly shall not delegate to any municipal corporation the power to issue licenses to sell alcoholic liquors or beverages. However, licenses may be granted to sell and consume alcoholic liquors and beverages on the premises of businesses which engage primarily and substantially in the preparation and serving of meals or furnishing of lodging or on the premises of certain nonprofit organizations with limited membership not open to the general public, during such hours as the General Assembly may provide. (1972 (57) 3189; 1973 (58) 146; 1973 (58) 865; 1975 (59) 35; 2005 Act No. 19.)

Please note the last sentence, liquor licences for on premise consumption can only be issued to restaurants, hotels and private clubs.

I appreciate the input. As I stated in my initial post, I do not frequent nor do I seek out establishments that sell liquor for consumption. But to say that you don't realize what restaurants do and do not sell alcohol for consumption is really short sighted. When you walk into a Ruby Tuesday's, Chiliís, etc. - the first thing you see if the huge bar in the restaurant (and I used Rubyís & Chiliís as examples, if you donít go there, thatís cool, but donít litter the thread with ďI donít go here or thereĒ). And from what my CWP instructor, other instructors, and LEOs have remarked on this subject, that it is a HUGE no no. I am all about keeping my weapon with me, but not to the point of breaking the law(s) we are all trying to uphold. We all went through the time and effort to obtain our CWPs, in order to be able to conceal carry legally. Why jeopardize what we are all working so hard to keep? The "No harm, no foul" attitude just does not cut it, and when it comes down to someone losing their CWP over this issue, until it becomes legal, is not worth the price. All we need is some liberal knee-jerking kool-aid drinker to distort this out of proportion. I certainly do not want to end up like the poor folks in California, N.J., or Illinois. They have little or zero access to their 2nd Amendment rights. We all need to stay smart about carrying concealed, because when one makes a mistake, it affects us all. So until we can carry legally in establishments that serve alcohol for consumption. Please think twice about the bigger picture.
    well said i could not agree more.
    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast