Concealed Carry in restaurants.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Concealed Carry in restaurants.

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in restaurants. within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Has anyone heard when concealed carry will be allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol? I do not frequent bars, taverns, ...

Default Concealed Carry in restaurants.

Has anyone heard when concealed carry will be allowed in restaurants that serve alcohol? I do not frequent bars, taverns, or gin mills, but when I go to say an Applebees, Fridays, etc., it burns my bottom to have to leave my weapon in my vehicle. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I don't drink so I don't look for alcohol or know who sells it. For a few years some States have been trying to change that Law. I use common since, and my Gun is safer on me CC than in the Car, for a bunch of Crack Heads, to steal and shoot someone with.

Default Concealed Carry in restaurants

I know that recently States started changing their laws. I googled "which state allow carrying firearms in restaurant serving alcohol" and there were plenty of links coming up. On twitter there are several sources where information like this is shared. The following link provides a very detailed map in color which show which of the states permit concealed carry in restaurants:

43 states now allow gun carry where alcohol is served - Washington DC gun rights | Examiner.com

It's not an issue here, but if it were I would still carry concealed. After all that is the key word "concealed". As it is not a place with metal detector, school,fed building, etc, I carry concealed everywhere.

Hopefully it will come up this year and grassroots S.C. will push it... but as for what our esteemed lamebrained law makers do with it.... who knows.

what's the penalty for carrying in one of those places...

Like on poster said conceal means not displayed/hidden...

Odds are you won't need it, so No Harm No Foul.

Summer time t-shirt and shorts might be a problem to conceal.

I don't like and never recommend leaving a weapon in a car, there's no safer place than on your hip... sorta speak.

You decide.

Glad I saw this thread. I believe that this site has it that carrying in not allowed if the establishment is licensed to sell alcohol. I am talking within the state of Florida. Yet, I have read on other sites that carrying in a restaurant within Florida is legal. Can anyone clear this up for me. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    I don't drink so I don't look for alcohol or know who sells it. For a few years some States have been trying to change that Law. I use common since, and my Gun is safer on me CC than in the Car, for a bunch of Crack Heads, to steal and shoot someone with.
    +1....Sooner be in front of a judge signing bail paperwork then in the morgue with a toe tag. I'll be dammed if I die while eating a plate of nachos. We've had a rash of armed robberies at Chinese places here in the Lowcountry of late, like 10 or 12. Might have to start eating more Asian food and have some live entertainment with my Sum Yong Ting.

I don't drink as well, so I have no idea who does or doesn't sell adult beverages.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

It's illegal in SC at the moment to carry in an establishment that sells liquor for consumption on the premises. Hopefully they'll push through legislation in the near future.

Default Carry concealed while you eat.

I not sure about the rest of Pa. but in Allegheny county you can carry where they sell booze but you CAN NOT have a drink yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast