Az cwp - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree1Likes

Az cwp

This is a discussion on Az cwp within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by foots402 Yes you need both, make a copy of your training certificate and a copy of your ...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Yes you need both, make a copy of your training certificate and a copy of your CWP front and back.
    I only sent a copy of my NRA Basic cert...no copies of any of my permits... no problem.

    Why would you think you need to send both?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I only sent a copy of my NRA Basic cert...no copies of any of my permits... no problem.

    Why would you think you need to send both?
    Thats what they told me to do a copy of the tranning certificate and a copy of my CWP front and back. They would not know if you got a permit from your home state if you don't send it. By you just sending your NRA Basic will that be enough?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Thats what they told me to do a copy of the tranning certificate and a copy of my CWP front and back. They would not know if you got a permit from your home state if you don't send it. By you just sending your NRA Basic will that be enough?
    They told you? Did you bother to read and understand the application process? According to ARS 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), this is the procedure.

    6. Has ever satisfactorily completed a firearms safety training program authorized by the department of public safety pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section or has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:
    (b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.
    (c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
    (d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.

    Arizona Revised Statutes - Arizona Department of Public Safety

    That looks an awful lot like one or the other to me. Do you always trust government employees to know, or even care, what the right way to do things is?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Aiken, SC
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    They told you? Did you bother to read and understand the application process? According to ARS 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), this is the procedure.

    6. Has ever satisfactorily completed a firearms safety training program authorized by the department of public safety pursuant to subsection N, paragraph 1 of this section or has ever demonstrated competence with a firearm as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 of this section and provides adequate documentation that the person has satisfactorily completed a training program or demonstrated competence with a firearm in any state or political subdivision in the United States. For the purposes of this paragraph, "adequate documentation" means:
    (b) An original or copy of a certificate, card or document that shows the applicant has completed any course or class prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9 of this section or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club or organization that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the applicant's completion of the course or class.
    (c) An original or a copy of a United States department of defense form 214 (DD-214) indicating an honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, a certificate of completion of basic training or any other document demonstrating proof of the applicant's current or former service in the United States armed forces as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 6 of this section.
    (d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.

    Arizona Revised Statutes - Arizona Department of Public Safety

    That looks an awful lot like one or the other to me. Do you always trust government employees to know, or even care, what the right way to do things is?
    Yes I read it did you its right there in front of your eyes.
    (d)An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

    1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current National Rifle Association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

    2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

    3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

    4. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.

    5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

    6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

    7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

    8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

    9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Yes I read it did you its right there in front of your eyes.
    (d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.


    (b) or (c) or (d)....not all of them.

    Unlike CT and NH...You don't have to have another permit in order to get the AZ permit...

    I received my AZ permit in October 2010...again with only the NRA Basic Cert

    From the statute:

    N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

    1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current National Rifle Association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

    2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

    3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

    4. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.

    5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

    6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

    7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

    8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

    9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    Yes I read it did you its right there in front of your eyes.
    Yep, one or the other, not all of the above.

    It's not really that hard...
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Got mine just sent a copy of my Ks. and NH permits.
    Also on: Ksccw.com NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor, Cheif Range Safety Officer

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Sent mine in a couple days ago. Included copy of my CWP, Training Cert and DD-214. Along with the other stuff of course. Though I would cover all the bases. Just waiting now. Have a SC Resident CWP, PA non-resident and hopefully the AZ non-resident. Only added Alabama and Mississippi but thats OK.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default Certificate?

    Received my CWP last year. Card only. Wife just received hers, card only. Sounds like everyone else is receiving certificates. Has anyone gotten their AZ permit without both?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Levittown, PA
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bed92186 View Post
    Received my CWP last year. Card only. Wife just received hers, card only. Sounds like everyone else is receiving certificates. Has anyone gotten their AZ permit without both?
    I think...the certificate you questioning...is the certificate they received for taking a training class...not something they receive WITH their state permit.

    If you have a state permit that required training then a copy of that permit will suffice for training in order to receive an AZ permit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •