Az cwp
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Az cwp

This is a discussion on Az cwp within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Just to let you know that you can get an AZ non-resident CWP for $60 within 2wks. It covers a ...

Thumbs up Az cwp

Just to let you know that you can get an AZ non-resident CWP for $60 within 2wks. It covers a lot more states then New Hampshire and PA non-resident. I got mine back in 12 days.

Very cool. Thanks for that heads-up.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"I've been pushing the AZ Permit over the FL permit due to the cost savings. Renewal is only $43 and the prints do not have to be taken by LEO.

Reciprocity Map

and if you have a home state permit you can likely use that for your training requirement...assuming you needed training to receive your home state permit.

AZ 13-3112

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current National Rifle Association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

4. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.

5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

Default Az cwp

I agree the AZ non resident would be better than my NH, but I understand that to obtain the permit, you must physically take their 8 hr course in AZ. Question? Can you now do it by mail like NH? Would be nice, but also planning to go to AZ this spring and take test then if I have to. Cost would be the 60 plus another 50 or 60 for teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburstrgh View Post
    I agree the AZ non resident would be better than my NH, but I understand that to obtain the permit, you must physically take their 8 hr course in AZ. Question? Can you now do it by mail like NH? Would be nice, but also planning to go to AZ this spring and take test then if I have to. Cost would be the 60 plus another 50 or 60 for teacher.
    Completely thru the mail. Any of the training options that I posted above will suffice. Call or email them to have app packet mailed to you...mail it back...turn around time about 2 weeks.

Thank you for the confirmation. Will call them today for app packet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburstrgh View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation. Will call them today for app packet.

When you get your APP make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.

All you need for AZ CWP is a application from them. Make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.

Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    All you need for AZ CWP is a application from them. Make sure you put SC-CWP on back middle and sign it also send a copy of your SC-CWP certificate and finger print cards and $60 money order. You will also need to send a copy of you CWP front and back.
    Copy of your permit OR training certificate....you do not need to supply both.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Copy of your permit OR training certificate....you do not need to supply both.
    Yes you need both, make a copy of your training certificate and a copy of your CWP front and back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast