Grassroots Gunrights: The Smoking Gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Grassroots Gunrights: The Smoking Gun

This is a discussion on Grassroots Gunrights: The Smoking Gun within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Though I have been pretty quick to support any candidate or organization promoting or defending our 2nd amendment rights, the ...

Though I have been pretty quick to support any candidate or organization promoting or defending our 2nd amendment rights, the GrassRoots GunRights situation is an ugly mess.

GrassRoots' position on H3292 made sense to me, but the enmity and backbiting among the various factions and organizations that ensued made it difficult to like any of the parties involved. I have no use for people who willfully compromise our mutual interests for reasons of ego or personal gain.

I will certainly be taking a harder look at which candidates and organizations I support in the future.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I am not the author of the blog, nor have I claimed to be. I am also not an enemy of GrassRoots. I am however an active an concerned member of the organization. Before people attribute something to someone, they should ensure that what they think is supported by the facts.

Are you listening BigBoom?

And just for reference, I'm personal friends with HueMan. We're gonna go have us a hot dog at Sandy's one day.

ETA: I just thought of this after hitting submit. I've been accused on this very forum more than one time of being a GrassRoots sycophant and now I'm being accused of being an enemy of them. I think that really shows how much better off we'd all be if people thought before they spoke (typed) and used a little common sense.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Was the content questionable? Or did it just disappear without even a warning being issued in conjunction?
    Who/Whom is to know these days what is "questionable"? All I can say is that I posted it, and then checked to see if it was there, it was, and now it's gone. No warning just gone!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Should I be offended at what you tried to post or just annoyed. Did your reply appear and then disappear? Sometimes I try to post something and hit the wrong button and it never appears on the thread at all.
    FN1910, neither. It was there I checked as I always do. I've been posting online since the 1980's so I think I have a handle on it ;)

I will try again.

What I said in response to your "Maybe I was wrong to make the assumption that hp-hobo was not the author of the article. Is he the author and I did not realize that?" was this:

Original post that disappeared "I think HP-HOBO was just posting a blog that was written by others and unless he goes by another name in real life than what I know, it is not he as I personally know him. HP-HOBO is not an enemy of GRGR but a staunch supporter from what I gather in my short involvement with them myself. As for it being a dictatorship, I've heard stories but as we all know there is two sides to every story and I didn't get involved with GRGR to be a judge or jury although they do have a member that is a J.D. My issue is with some of the "do as I say, not as I do" aspects. I will not discuss my particular issue online as we all know that with OPSEC being a primary concern, things can and do get twisted and convoluted."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    sycophant
    LOL Hobo, I had to look that one up ;)

G50AE is offline Banned

ETA: I just thought of this after hitting submit. I've been accused on this very forum more than one time of being a GrassRoots sycophant and now I'm being accused of being an enemy of them. I think that really shows how much better off we'd all be if people thought before they spoke (typed) and used a little common sense.
    Whip out your CCW Badge and blast away.

I hear ya though, I have been accused of being hostile towards SC LEO's, simply because I explained to another poster that cane guns fall under the NFA rules as "Any other weapon". Oddly enough it was another poster from South Carolina who said that.

I am not the author of the blog, nor have I claimed to be. I am also not an enemy of GrassRoots. I am however an active an concerned member of the organization. Before people attribute something to someone, they should ensure that what they think is supported by the facts.

Are you listening BigBoom?

And just for reference, I'm personal friends with HueMan. We're gonna go have us a hot dog at Sandy's one day.

I am listening. I did not mean to imply that you were the author of the blog. I just questioned your motivation for posting it. I have noticed that you have taken several shots at Grassroots. Maybe they deserve them. I don't know. It just seems like a pattern. I do see an implosion in progress at Grassroots. I am not a member and will not be because I don't like to associate with nasty ego-maniacs. I just don't see wasting a lot of time on them. I will support groups I agree with and let the others rot.

I hope my comments did not offend anyone as I was not aiming them directly at any one person in particular but was wondering if I was missing something somewhere as I usually am. I am not a member of GRSC but have come very close to joining several times. However each time that I did something would stop me. Therefore I am not an insider nor do I have any indepth information on the inner workings of it, only what has been publicly available. From an outsiders point of view it appears that there are some problems within the ranks and someone is not happy. If there have been no elections since the beginning it is easy to see how any questioning of the leadership could result in problems. GRSC has done some great work since it started and I hope it can keep it up but to me as an outsider it appears that rather that it being the work of a group or organization it has become a very personal crusade with emotions playing far to great a role.

Some feel that the NRA is the enemy of gun owners. The NRA may not be actively promoting the same agenda that some of us would like for them to but I don't think it is wise for us to declare them the enemy and spend as much time fighting them as the Brady bunch or other anti-gun groups. That is where I think at least some GRSC members lost their way and declared war on anyone not being a sycophant for GRSC. It is a shame that this has happend at such a critical time and I wish that things could get straightend out before the door is closed. There has been a lot of hard work by a lot of good people in the past 10-11 years or so and it should not be forgotten. However all of that can be wiped out very easily if not careful to remember that the job is not complete and the dirty side of politics is still involved which in America means you do not dictate your ideas and expect everyone to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoom View Post
    I am listening. I did not mean to imply that you were the author of the blog. I just questioned your motivation for posting it. I have noticed that you have taken several shots at Grassroots. Maybe they deserve them. I don't know. It just seems like a pattern. I do see an implosion in progress at Grassroots. I am not a member and will not be because I don't like to associate with nasty ego-maniacs. I just don't see wasting a lot of time on them. I will support groups I agree with and let the others rot.
    Really? Care to point them out? As I've apparently done it "several" times it shouldn't be too difficult.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Really? Care to point them out? As I've apparently done it "several" times it shouldn't be too difficult.
    I agree with you that I don't remember you taking shots at Grassroots. In fact hp-hobo was/is easily the biggest supporter of GRSC on this board. In fact I wondered if he was secretly Rob Butler.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast