Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"?

This is a discussion on Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"? within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by Berta I need to know specifically for South Carolina. I applied for a job at a veterinary ...

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    I need to know specifically for South Carolina. I applied for a job at a veterinary clinic and I do not want to bring up the subject at my interview. I'd rather know the law, and if legally allowed, carry without having anyone know.
    I would consult a lawyer. I can't find anything in South Carolina statutes which states whether or not veterinarians are medical facilities or not. I don't understand the reason behind the firearms prohibition to begin with. I was thinking drugs, but that can't be it, because it does not appear as if pharmacies are off limits.

Carrying on the job, without informing your employer, is a great way to get fired if discovered.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

If it is legal and not against their employment policy I don't think I could be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Berta:239527
    If it is legal and not against their employment policy I don't think I could be fired.
    Berta, this is SC an at will employment state. They don't have to have a policy either verbal or written. They can just show you the door with the exit sign. And before you think about a lawsuit for wrongful termination, you better have plenty of cash to retain an labor law attorney. Last I checked most will grudgingly take the case with a modest 5,000.00 retainer.

I'm not trying to be a hard ass, I just want to know the law. If the law says NO, then I won't. I didn't want to bring the subject up at the interview, I figured if it was against their policy they would tell me. Not looking for an argument, if it is not allowed then ok.

In another vein, how about liquor stores? Most have vendors who sometimes provide free samples. So, they aren't really selling booze by the drink.

Is the pup's name Rambo?

I don't go into liquor stores so I'm safe with that one ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    In another vein, how about liquor stores? Most have vendors who sometimes provide free samples. So, they aren't really selling booze by the drink.

Is the pup's name Rambo?
    Don't know about South Carolina, but liquor stores are perfectly legal in Washington.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

can not carry at the va fed law!

Shawn Jarman is offline crzyjarmans

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    can not carry at the va fed law!
    he's not talking the VA, it an animal hospital, To the op, If you have'nt yet, try the web page for SC, Or go to your local PD, and ask for the statue for carring concealed in the animal hosp., dont just take there word, get the actual statue

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

IMPORTANT! CCW holders need to know their own state laws!
    Exactly, NavyLCDR. I did not look up the statute for his state and assumed it was separate, as was mine. I was wrong, but that was why I included the warning at the bottom - NO ONE should use this or any forum as their legal source. Either research it yourself, consult an attorney, or make a call to your state's Attorney General.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast