SC gun in car laws??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SC gun in car laws???

This is a discussion on SC gun in car laws??? within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Originally Posted by blume357@ Well, you could buy some land her in S.C. and then the state will allow you ...

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

Default Any Suggestions?

Originally Posted by blume357@
    Well, you could buy some land her in S.C. and then the state will allow you to have a non resident permit.
    My Lovely Bride and I bought some land about 18 months ago in Liberty, SC (Ain't that a great name for a town?!?) about 30 minutes outside of Greenville. It's been my plan to get the non-resident license in anticipation of building and moving down.

Any recommendations for a good, well-qualified trainer/class to attend to meet the requirements? I already have the FL non-res...all I need is SC and my 'needs' for State coverage would be pretty much set.

Thanks in advance.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

My suggestion would be the folks at Aero Tech... I'm not sure I spelled that right... but they teach classes down in Piedmont all the time. Mark Bilicki is the guy to contact I think... the454casull@hotmail.com.

The class takes a day and they charge you for the class and shooting but take care of making sure you fill out the paper work right, have all the proper stuff on it, and then do the paying and mailing for you.

If Aero Tech is the one that sets up at the Greenville gun show, I highly recommend them. blume357@ is correct they do everything for you so it's done correctly. They also do several Non-Resident states permits also. The other thing to do is call or go by some gun shops in the area and ask about classes.

EDIT... Look what I found in Liberty!

http://www.cwpclass.com/

Foothills Firearms Training Center

Contact Information

Telephone
    Mobile Phone: (864) 630-1883

Postal address
    Post Office Box 34, Liberty, SC 29657

Electronic mail
    Information: CWPclass@earthlink.net
    Webmaster: Webmaster@cwpclass.com
    Last edited by Red Hat; 05-05-2008 at 11:09 AM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Ektarr is offline Dedicated Infidel

EDIT... Look what I found in Liberty!

http://www.cwpclass.com/
    WOWIE!! :joia: Right in my New Back Yard! Cool Beans! Thanks, Red! I'll have to put that on my "Poop To Do" list for when we visit in June!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Yes, the Aero tech folks I was talking about are the same ones at the Greenville Gun Show....

One of the the reasons I suggested them is not only did they do a great job at the class and processing the paper work.... "since when has government forms been painless?" but Mark helped me out a great deal with both the, New Hampshire, Florida, Conneticut, Maine and Virgiana applications!

Thanks guys. The water was around 70 degs. Which is still pretty cool. Even more so to a Florida boy. We did get wet suits which made it very comfortable. I had a great time rafting in SC and seeing the mountains again was another added plus.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12