Any Palmetto Bank patrons here?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Red Hat
  • 2 Post By Stan45
  • 1 Post By Babarock
  • 1 Post By kelcarry

Any Palmetto Bank patrons here?

This is a discussion on Any Palmetto Bank patrons here? within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Palmetto Bank has decided to suppress our 2A rights by posting signs. I contacted them last week and the lady ...

Default Any Palmetto Bank patrons here?

Palmetto Bank has decided to suppress our 2A rights by posting signs. I contacted them last week and the lady I talked to said they had to post because they were a federal bank. This from a woman with a CWP. After educating her on what a federal bank was she told me that she would check on it and give me a call back. Today I got a call from her and said that I was correct about the federal bank but they were posting the signs for customer safety and insurance reasons. I called BS on this and told her that I was closing my two accounts and that I would let everyone that has an account with them know of their anti gun anti 2A policy. Now I'm trying to find a good bank!

BTW, they have a new CEO.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

It they had 100 people leave the sign would come down.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    BTW, they have a new CEO.
    Write a well thought out and polite letter directly to the CEO. Find and quote stats that demonstrate we are not a risk but that the bad guys who will ignore their signs are.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO, Certified Basic Pistol and Personal Protection In The Home Instructor

In SC, those signs have to be a very specific design to carry the weight of law. Of course, the employees could ask a legally armed patron to leave & if he/she refused they could be charged with trespassing (IIUC), but an unintention carry onto the property without being detected would not turn into a crime.

Unless the sign is in the proper legal format.

Can someone near a branch post a pic?

...whittled wit my Razr Maxx...
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As Gandalf would say " Keep it secret ! Keep it safe ! And don't go into a bank unarmed ! '

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    As Gandalf would say " Keep it secret ! Keep it safe ! And don't go into a bank unarmed ! '
    So you decide what is right and what is wrong. Probably preaching to the choir on a firearm defense forum, but your attitude is one small aspect of what is wrong in this country. We have a sleazy dope in the whitehouse who decides what the constitution is all about and if he does not like it, he ignores it and does what he wants. We have a congress who pass laws they think are right for all of us except them. Can I just ask you one question? Isn't easier and more responsible to just bank at a facility that does not have signs and welcomes everyone? Sorry and apologize for rant if it upsets but I am old and cranky and am tired or everyone making up their own laws.