Outdoor Venue that Serves Alcohol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Outdoor Venue that Serves Alcohol

This is a discussion on Outdoor Venue that Serves Alcohol within the South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; So, are you allowed to carry in a place like a stadium if they serves alcohol? What about a fair? ...

Default Outdoor Venue that Serves Alcohol

So, are you allowed to carry in a place like a stadium if they serves alcohol? What about a fair? Racetrack?
    "The whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought...by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now...Orthodoxy means not thinking-not needing to think."

That's a good question! I'm not 100% sure; given the law's mention of a place that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises, I would lean towards the safe side and say do not carry if people are consuming alcohol. I'm interested in hearing an "official/legal" answer to this question...
    "Praise the Load!"

Every State has different Laws, and Regulations pertaining to Carrying an Weapon at these places. In New York (Western NY) I can CCW in an establishment that serves alcohol. But it also depends on the owners of the place you are Carrying. I can CCW at our State Fairs, County Fairs Etc.

It all depends on the Owners of the Particular Establishment that you wish to CCW in.
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Every State has different Laws, and Regulations pertaining to Carrying an Weapon at these places. In New York (Western NY) I can CCW in an establishment that serves alcohol. But it also depends on the owners of the place you are Carrying. I can CCW at our State Fairs, County Fairs Etc.

It all depends on the Owners of the Particular Establishment that you wish to CCW in.
    that's why this question was posted in the SC section...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    So, are you allowed to carry in a place like a stadium if they serves alcohol? What about a fair? Racetrack?
    SECTION 16-23-465. Additional penalty for unlawfully carrying pistol or firearm onto premises of business selling alcoholic liquors, beers or wines for on premises consumption.

According to this, no. It doesn't differentiate from whether it's a bar, restaurant or stadium. Which is one reason I would love to see restaurant carry passed here in SC.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

I haven't been to a state fair in forever do they sell alcohol there?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Kindly remember members that if you drink and are CC, regardless of where you are, and you should end up in a "what if", any alcohol on your breath etal will not be looked at kindly by police, prosecutor, or other side of the "what if" in a civil case, where you most certainly will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by cdjames View Post
    SECTION 16-23-465. Additional penalty for unlawfully carrying pistol or firearm onto premises of business selling alcoholic liquors, beers or wines for on premises consumption.
    I think it all goes back to what is unlawfully carrying...

I finally asked a lawyer and the question came back, "what is unlawfully carrying a pistol or firearm?"
    Was it defined somewhere, which I mentioned yes, but with exceptions like SLED permits...

"There's your answer but I will be here to defend you if you need"

The sections I was referencing...

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.
    It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(12) a person who is granted a permit under provision of law by the State Law Enforcement Division to carry a handgun about his person, under conditions set forth in the permit, and while transferring the handgun between the permittee's person and a location specified in item (9).

badarac is offline Rich B

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    I think it all goes back to what is unlawfully carrying...

I finally asked a lawyer and the question came back, "what is unlawfully carrying a pistol or firearm?"
    Was it defined somewhere, which I mentioned yes, but with exceptions like SLED permits...

"There's your answer but I will be here to defend you if you need"

The sections I was referencing...

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.
    It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(12) a person who is granted a permit under provision of law by the State Law Enforcement Division to carry a handgun about his person, under conditions set forth in the permit, and while transferring the handgun between the permittee's person and a location specified in item (9).
    So are you saying that the lawyers interpretation is that a CC permit holder CAN carry in a place that serves with on premise consumption because we are "lawfully carrying"?
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    So are you saying that the lawyers interpretation is that a CC permit holder CAN carry in a place that serves with on premise consumption because we are "lawfully carrying"?
    This was a few years ago but what I got out of it was it didn't qualify as unlawfully carrying.
    However, after the "....I will be here to defend you if you need", I didn't feel so confident.

But I also asked my CWP instructor which was a few months after that, he said almost the same exact thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast