How fast can you and your gear make it out? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

How fast can you and your gear make it out?

This is a discussion on How fast can you and your gear make it out? within the Survival Related forums, part of the Outdoors category; There's a closet in my hallway where I keep everything. I've tried this a few times, and I can get ...

There's a closet in my hallway where I keep everything. I've tried this a few times, and I can get everything out to the truck (by myself), secured, get everybody in the truck, lock the house down, and be out of the driveway in under 2 minutes.

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Default That's a good starting point!

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    There's a closet in my hallway where I keep everything. I've tried this a few times, and I can get everything out to the truck (by myself), secured, get everybody in the truck, lock the house down, and be out of the driveway in under 2 minutes.
    Try for 1 minute or less!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Has it really come down to this? If I have to bug out, where? Do you keep 5 grand in the house just so someone can break in and rob ya? They'll be no banks or ATM's available. How far are you going to get on a tank of gas? That's IF you keep your vehicle full at all times. I agree a plan for a fast and well prepared exit in case of emergency. But from what it sounds like, this is more of fleeing Big Brother then any natural disaster. Is it really coming to this?

TWO ROUND BURSTS-Evaluate and repeat if necessary!

Such a novice at this. Not going to try to figure this out. Just going with my first guess and hope someone will edumacate me!
    BOB..would that be Bug out bag? BOV= Bug out vehicle? OK no laughing. Just help out the "challenged"

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Has it really come down to this? If I have to bug out, where? Do you keep 5 grand in the house just so someone can break in and rob ya? They'll be no banks or ATM's available. How far are you going to get on a tank of gas? That's IF you keep your vehicle full at all times. I agree a plan for a fast and well prepared exit in case of emergency. But from what it sounds like, this is more of fleeing Big Brother then any natural disaster. Is it really coming to this?

It may very well come to that. I pray it does not however the way things are going it would be prudent to be ready just in case.

For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth -- to know the worst and to provide for it. Patrick Henry March 23, 1775
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Default you are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Such a novice at this. Not going to try to figure this out. Just going with my first guess and hope someone will edumacate me!
    BOB..would that be Bug out bag? BOV= Bug out vehicle? OK no laughing. Just help out the "challenged"
    Look at the world today and gather yourself a little ditty bag of stuff you'll need in the event of total infrastructure failure.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation Reasons to bug out...

Reasons to bug out...Nuclear powerplant failure
    Huge Storm...
    Tsunnami warning...

Right now the Asian side of the world holds the vast majority of US debt. If we fail as a nation they will fail as well. Think about this...Japan attacked Pearl over a fuel embargo.

Do you want to risk that with CHINA?

Every day our Gov't puts some new Left Wing Radical Nutjobs into a position of power and authority. These folks have all said repeatedly that GUNS ARE BAD...GUN PEOPLE ARE BAD.
    Do you want to risk your freedom and your first ammendment voice by sitting idle while the world speeds by?

Plan for the worst hope for the best...It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Try for 1 minute or less!
    We talked about being more mobile, quicker. It's definately something to work on. We are going camping next weekend. It's just a trip for my wife and daughter right now, but we are going to work on making shelters, fire, finding food, etc.... I'm just not going to tell them till we get there. As far as getting them out of the house, I'm lucky to get them moving in two days, much less two minutes!

Got it just under 1/2 hour. But that's how long it took me to get the .50cal Browning machine gun and tripod into the pickup.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Of course I hope not. However, although I am not fanatical about festus's under one minute bug out, there is a lot of truth in being ready for under one minute, which means that in the real world, your stuff will be in one place and your real time will be acceptable.

If I waited to put together that single "bag",which may be multiples, or vests or what-ever, it is likely nothing would ever really be in one place and my time would be more like an hour or more.

I never considered a rush here, because what we face here mostly is hurricanes which tend to give a lot of warning ... then came the fires! When in areas just a few miles from me they came down the streets and told people to get in their cars and leave ... NOW! The urgency started getting clearer. You are going to move and you are going to take what you can grab, so the more that stuff is organized, the more you will wind up with you when you do have to go.

Of course, after watching the aftermath of these recent earthquakes, the unfortunate realization is a minute may be way too long!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast