Thoughts on a "Bug-Out" Carbine - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thoughts on a "Bug-Out" Carbine

This is a discussion on Thoughts on a "Bug-Out" Carbine within the Survival Related forums, part of the Outdoors category; Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 how about a ''hk 91 in .308'' ? That is more of a main battle rifle, ...

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    how about a ''hk 91 in .308'' ?
    That is more of a main battle rifle, although it is quite handy with a collapsible stock
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

golddigger14s is offline SFC At Fort Lewis, WA

Only one gun? Hi-Point 9mm carbine, same ammo as my pistols. But, I will take my Hi-Point, AK-47, .22, 12 ga 870, and Mosin Nagant.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Only one gun? Hi-Point 9mm carbine, same ammo as my pistols. But, I will take my Hi-Point, AK-47, .22, 12 ga 870, and Mosin Nagant.
    The Mosin Nagant is a good dear rifle. Most of the ones I have seen are kinda beat-up and may take some work to put into service, but hey, the price is usally right.

I get the remy .308, 9mm pistol; Son AR15, 9mm; Wife Remy 12 gauge, 9mm pistol. Yes, two different cals on the rifles. One is not made up close work, but I can reach out and touch somebody. The three of us can make a heck of a racket!

All of our weapons are common calibers. I won't bug out with just a rifle. If it was me by myself, I would be really hard pressed to choose between the .308 and the AR. Both have distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Psalm 82:3-5

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 available in .40S&W and 9mm. Models that take Glock and other pistol magazines so I can use the same magazine and ammo in both. Folds in half and weighs 4#. Ammo is light, inexpensive and readily available. Sixteen inch barrel and that is the length when folded. They claim it is good to 150 yards but I have seen pistols get steady hits at 100 yards.
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
    Kel-Tec Sub 2000 available in .40S&W and 9mm. Models that take Glock and other pistol magazines so I can use the same magazine and ammo in both. Folds in half and weighs 4#. Ammo is light, inexpensive and readily available. Sixteen inch barrel and that is the length when folded. They claim it is good to 150 yards but I have seen pistols get steady hits at 100 yards.
    I can do 150 yards easy with my sub2k. I watched a youtube video where a guy was hitting targets @200 yards with a Glock 23. Don't know how much energy the bullet would have left at that range but he was putting them on target.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I can do 150 yards easy with my sub2k. I watched a youtube video where a guy was hitting targets @200 yards with a Glock 23. Don't know how much energy the bullet would have left at that range but he was putting them on target.
    Well, the Speer 115 gr. GDHP in 9mm leaves the barrel at 1200 fps with 341 ft.lbs of energy. At 200 yards that's 847 fps and 185 ftlbs. of energy.

That's lethal against soft tissue, the .40 would fair even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Hand cut, Hand stitched, Hand made

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I love my T53(M44) Mosin!!!! It goes bang everytime, in any weather! It being a carbine is a blessing for lugging around and 7.62x54R will punch through anything a civilian would run into. I've tested FMJ penetration against 3/8in steel... no prob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    I love my T53(M44) Mosin!!!! It goes bang everytime, in any weather! It being a carbine is a blessing for lugging around and 7.62x54R will punch through anything a civilian would run into. I've tested FMJ penetration against 3/8in steel... no prob.
    I like those M44's too.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast