Doomsday Preppers on Nat'l Geographic - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Doomsday Preppers on Nat'l Geographic

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers on Nat'l Geographic within the Survival Related forums, part of the Outdoors category; Every one of they people on this show has FAILED in their prepper score. The first rule in prepping is ...

Every one of they people on this show has FAILED in their prepper score. The first rule in prepping is SHUT UP ABOUT IT. All these people just announced they have stuff. I don't know where they are, but the people living around them will recognize them. The people with the "secret room", well I guess it's not anymore. And one guy hopped his fat body around on the show and got declared nuts and guns taken away, whether deserved or not. So shout it from the rooftops so they come and take you away BEFORE the SHTF?
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    Every one of they people on this show has FAILED in their prepper score. The first rule in prepping is SHUT UP ABOUT IT. All these people just announced they have stuff. I don't know where they are, but the people living around them will recognize them. The people with the "secret room", well I guess it's not anymore. And one guy hopped his fat body around on the show and got declared nuts and guns taken away, whether deserved or not. So shout it from the rooftops so they come and take you away BEFORE the SHTF?
    I agree .... These same folks all have you tube channels as well I've watched them

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

There is nothing wrong with sharing your ideas and rationale for doing what you're doing... but, be selective and don't go on national TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

I have watched all of them and get a kick out of it. Each episode portray's "preppers" as goof ball nuts. It is sold and televised for entertainment purposes only. They air and stage what they want for the viewer ratings. If you want to know what actually happens and how NatGeo actually twists everything, check out their web's. One episode featured Lisa and her family and she explains everything about the filming and legalities. TheSurvivalMom

Personally, I think it's stupid to invite a biased media to document what you have and make you look like a fool to boot? I guess it's the 15 minutes of fame thing?

Ok the trucker prepper this week was talking about his concealed weapon permit and while he was in restaurant and being interviewed he pulled up his shirt and showed them his gun... No its no longer concealed plus he showed it to what 1 million viewers, sounds petty but it will only take one to call him on it and get his CWP revoked

I noticed that as well. I was suprised to see a former police officer carrying a Hi-Point(.45?), as well as his carbine being the Hi-Point T595(?)... I have no issues with Hi-Point, just suprised to see a former cop NOT carrying a Glock.... or something like it.

I saw one thing that kinda got me... if he is planning on being on the road all the time, and possibly encountering hostile people on clogged freeways and backroads... I'd think he'd prefer a weapon capable of piercing auto bodies. ???

Like say a 7.62x39, .223, .308, etc..... right? IDK, it just seemed to be a weak link for someone who may find himself in firefights around vehicles.
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

Also, did anyone notice the mom who was preparing for the pandemic, didn't seem to have a large food/water store available? Or did I miss that part?

I saw the program last night. The one fellow took his kids out for target practice with their .22s. Meanwhile, he shot off the end of his left thumb with his pistol. After surgery, he has a shorter thumb with no muscle in it. So much for his prepping!

Yeah.... at least he showed his kids what not to do.

Gettysburg Bill is offline Gettysburg Bill

Default Great Show

I enjoy the show and watch it anytime its on.
    Showing different situation and levels of survival of what could happen.
    Other show try to shock with the 'End of Civilization'.
    Nat'l Geo Show is how to be sensible and plan for a few month of survival.
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast