Tennessee application run-around
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tennessee application run-around

This is a discussion on Tennessee application run-around within the Tennessee Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I was wondering how many people are getting the run around by the state on their applications? I finally applied ...

Default Tennessee application run-around

I was wondering how many people are getting the run around by the state on their applications? I finally applied for mine in middle November of 2009 (I put it off as long as I could because I have CDLs) and called about it on January 14, 2010 to find out that they had lost the application. I had to fax in my copy and they said all was well. On January 23 I got a letter that was dated January 26 that said they had not received my paperwork and I was to reapply. I called them first thing Monday morning and I was told the same thing. They had lost my paperwork and I was to reapply and shell out the money again. After much yelling I found out that I had been approved on December 16, 2009. I was also told that the 90 day thing does not apply to them and I was told that it takes three weeks for them to receive a fax so the first lady that I spoke to was obviously lying to me when she said she had received the fax of my copy. I have dealt with the Tennessee Department of Safety and Department of Revenue for years in my trucking business and all of this is standard procedure for them.

I have had my permit for many years I am due to renew this year for the third time and I have not had any problems yet.

You have my condolences for the state of the government in Tennessee.
    May I suggest keeping your contacts with them limited to writing? This sometimes helps keep things working smoothly because there is documentation on both sides. It's a method constantly endorsed by the consumer advocates when dealing with businesses. No guarantee that it will translate to the government, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

Here in WA I got my CPL in less than 60 days when I filed for it. I still don't understand the delays in the first place, but... I hope you get the government to step up to the plate and get your constitutional right restored to you with their piece of paper.

Fallguy is offline Citizen

When/If you call again ask to speak to Ms. Lisa Knight. She is the head of the office. In the past she has acknowledged having temp workers and others that either don't really know what they are doing and/or give out misinformation. But everyone that I have heard of that was able to speak with her got everything taken care off.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

gdcleanfun is offline Banned

I realize you stated that you were approved in December, but meanwhile could/did you oc? Isn't Tennessee an oc state? I have relatives near Nashville but I don't believe they even own any firearms.

You can not OC in TN without a permit.

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us

gdcleanfun is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    You can not OC in TN without a permit.
    Sux! Well then, I guess I stand corrected. Good thing I didn't open carry the last time I was there.
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 01-30-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: left out some key words

I spoke to Ms. Knight, she offered no apology and when I asked about the post dated letter she said that was standard procedure of her office. Both she and other people that I have spoken to have repeatedly suggested that I will have to wait until 30 days after the letter and reapply even though they were at fault. This is the same inefficiency that I have to face yearly when I go get my apportioned tags. One year I spent 4 full days sitting in the office with dozens of other people. Some were having to pay hotel bills and come back daily which was costing them even more.

I would contact my State Senator and/or Representative before I paid any more money!

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us

Sounds about par for the course when dealing with the department of safety, my wife and I were lucky I geuss 7 and1/2 weeks, a dude at work applyed in the end of August, just got it yesterday, another guy out front has ben waiting since July, he did have a small legal problem but it was supposedly resolved in october, he's still waiting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast