Shooting on private property
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Shooting on private property

This is a discussion on Shooting on private property within the Texas Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Everyone in Conroe in Montgomery County here in Texas thinks that it is ok to shoot on your own land. ...

Default Shooting on private property

Everyone in Conroe in Montgomery County here in Texas thinks that it is ok to shoot on your own land. In fact the police and sheriffs think if you have 10 acers or more that it is perfectly legal. Projectiles can travel more than a mile, a far cry from 10 acers. While the shooters are safe, the public is at a big risk. In 2008 here at KOA Campground and man was shot and killed because of someone shooting on private property. Of course what is the death of one man when it comes to the peoples right to shoot? Nobody knew him, what do we care. Anyway we are happy with the wild west shooting style out here. We don't care who gets hurt, killed, or mamed, because we have this God given right to shoot when and where we choose. We also don't care about the noise that is produced from firing weapons. Don't get me wrong, if someone sits outside of my home and constantly beeps his car horn, we will have them arrested for distrubing the peace, or if some plays their music too loud, but gunfire is perfectly ok!
    While we also have LOUD outdoor gun ranges in this area, also just as unsafe as your back yard, like the Creekwood shooting range on Highway 105, where the lead from these rounds falls into the surface water on the range and then flows into the nearby San Jancito River, polluting the ground water with lead. Why should we shoot there? We want people to look at Montgomery County as the last of the wild west days. We don't want to become a city that will attract new business, jobs, and economic stability. After all were the only state in the last 47 years to shoot and kill a president, while riding in a motorcade through Dallas on November 22, 1963. This is the way we WANT TO BE REMEMBERED, because we don't apply the same rules for guns that we do for our dogs or cars! Last but no least we need to outdo our neighboring city of Willis where the only American terroist trainned his shooting abilities. Wake up!

1.- You can shoot in your private property, yes it is legal. But you also are responsable for every round you fire from your gun.
    2.- You are correct that projectiles can travel 1 mile. But they need to be high caliber ammunition. So not all projectiles are going to travel 1 mile. Also you should have a save back stop for the bullets to be deflected to the ground.

3.- The noise you are memtioning is not that much and it is also done during the day hours, the gun ranges close at 8pm. and no later so not to bother the people around the gun range.

4.- Your are indicating that the lead is poluting the san jaciton river, where is your proof of the polution??

5.- You are judging a state on the actions of a single person. you are wrong to do that.

if you do not like your state move from Texas.
    if you do not like your county move from Texas.
    if you do not like guns. Well move from the US and go to a country like Mexico, the outlaw guns and look at the mess they are having right now..!

and also why are you in a gun forum if you do not like guns, or the noise they make or the polution the cause.

so go live in Mexico buy yourself a cave there and live off the grid with no guns and no electricity or running water and be one with mother nature. and sing songs with Al Gore.

so do you drive a car? that produces polution every time you drive it.
    do you buy food from the grocery. That produces polution when they bring the inventory and procduces noise also.

Do you fly? well that also is polution and it produces noise polution also and driving a car is also dangerous.

Guns are as safe as the human that holds them. You have no scientific data to support your claims so until you do. Just move to Mexico and see how long you last without a gun.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

IDK sounds like a troll post to me
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Hmmm...newly registered, first post....liberal troll.

i live in texas too, and this guy has it sounding like we kill everyone and dont care. maybe the poster needs to kick rocks and get off the form if he wants to post babble.

troll

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Hmmm...newly registered, first post....liberal troll.
    My guess is that Troop2Trooper got tired of me logically refuting everything he said, so he changed his screen name and posted more BS. Let's see, claims to be a military veteran, posts flames for his first post, and gets logically refuted by other posters. Coincidence?

Default shooting on private properrty

I'm so sorry, everyone should carry and shoot guns, how else can we keep our jails filled to the the bursting point! Wait until the hoodlums realize that in Montgomery County you can walk into a store, business, or home and shoot can kill someone, and the sound of gunfire go unreported. This is the only state where a person can shoot two unarmed fleeing felons in the back, not protecting his own property, but a neighbor's and get off scott free! But I forgot how Texas works, they find a blackman, accuse him of a crime, use our wonderful CRIME LAB to convict him and 20 or so years then later the same DNA clears him of the crime and we wind up paying hundreds of thousand of dollars in compensation. I did not realize that Texas is full of cowards that hide behind guns because they are so afarid of the society that they created. Let's not forget our children, while the State has taken action against K-2 that 2 children smoked, even though it states on the package NOT FOR HUMAN COMSUMPTION, the State of Texas runs to the Federal Government to get them to ban it! But any child can walk into a sporting good store and pick ammuition right off the shelf, but then they know better than to try and smoke it. If they did would not we ban that too? While we think that we have the right to bear arms if you read it correctly, forgot Texans can't read, it states the right to bear arms against foreign powers not domestic.

navyvet you have EVERYTHING wrong!!!! EVERYTHING. go back to the hillbilly hills and get off our site with your pointless opinion..

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by navyvet1974 View Post
    But I forgot how Texas works, they find a blackman, accuse him of a crime, use our wonderful CRIME LAB to convict him and 20 or so years...
    Ok, so I'm guessing he's an "Afican American" troll. (Disclaimer: That was my one and only attempt at being politically correct)

Now back to your regularly scheduled sarcasm...

Dude, get a life, find a new forum, and punch yourself in the nuts! Holy crap would I hate to be around someone like you if something were to actually happen (like a ground war) in our country! While those of us who enjoy our freedom are actually willing to fight to protect it and our way of life, it's people like YOU who sit on there a$$es and do nothing but complain about life. If you hate your life so much, well, use your imagination!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by navyvet1974 View Post
    I'm so sorry, everyone should carry and shoot guns, how else can we keep our jails filled to the the bursting point! Wait until the hoodlums realize that in Montgomery County you can walk into a store, business, or home and shoot can kill someone, and the sound of gunfire go unreported. This is the only state where a person can shoot two unarmed fleeing felons in the back, not protecting his own property, but a neighbor's and get off scott free! But I forgot how Texas works, they find a blackman, accuse him of a crime, use our wonderful CRIME LAB to convict him and 20 or so years then later the same DNA clears him of the crime and we wind up paying hundreds of thousand of dollars in compensation. I did not realize that Texas is full of cowards that hide behind guns because they are so afarid of the society that they created. Let's not forget our children, while the State has taken action against K-2 that 2 children smoked, even though it states on the package NOT FOR HUMAN COMSUMPTION, the State of Texas runs to the Federal Government to get them to ban it! But any child can walk into a sporting good store and pick ammuition right off the shelf, but then they know better than to try and smoke it. If they did would not we ban that too? While we think that we have the right to bear arms if you read it correctly, forgot Texans can't read, it states the right to bear arms against foreign powers not domestic.
    If you do not like Texas, take I-45 north and keep going then take a right after about 15 hours of driving time. Soon you will find like minded people. Stay there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast