Visiting Texas From Wyoming - How to conceal in warm weather? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Visiting Texas From Wyoming - How to conceal in warm weather?

This is a discussion on Visiting Texas From Wyoming - How to conceal in warm weather? within the Texas Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I'm going to have to agree with bigjohn and outlaw on this one. I'm in Fort Worth, Tx. Not far ...

jrtyson72 is offline XDMan

I'm going to have to agree with bigjohn and outlaw on this one. I'm in Fort Worth, Tx. Not far from where you'll be visiting, you could borrow my Kel-Tec .380 for a nominal deposit......maybe, I know we don't know each other but I'm cool, I assure you and it is a far fetched suggestion. Anyways, the weather has been good down here of late, but for me, when it gets above 70-75, I wear cargo shorts and t-shirts, so for my summer time carry I wear a Smartcarry holster. I can fit my Tauras PT145 .45 and an extra mag no prob, very little printing. Buy yes, you may have to change the way you dress if you want to conceal down here and use your IWB. I use the Kholster holster with jeans and i'm not big on tucking shirts in anyways, so this works great for me. If I want to go out to a nice dinner in this weather right now and look good, jeans it is, IWB and my Kel-Tec on my ankle. Also, just for a side note, the outlaw posted a great site for Texas down here for places that don't allow guns at all. It's texas3006.com, you may want to skim threw it and see if there are business' or places you may visit that may or may not be on the list. It has a great search tool for city or zipcode. Good luck on the concealment and maybe i'll bump into ya, ......I doubt it, but you never know.

Cheers

jrtyson72 is offline XDMan

An additional thought, Kholster and Crossbreed make IWB that allow you to conceal and tuck your shirt in at the same time. Longer to draw, but still feasable.

After reading responses here and on the other forums it appears that my best option is to buy an IWB holster, and then my vest will cover the rest. I was hoping to not have to spend money to do this but..those are the breaks right? I found a couple that look alright and will be checking them out when I drive into town tomorrow. The gun store I normally frequent in Cheyenne has a fair stock in that I can look through. Thanks for the suggestions.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

A bigger vest would be cheaper than a new holster
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Hawaiian shirts. Extremely comfortable, designed to be worn untucked and naturally 'frumpy' so no bulges are noticeable. You can hide any gun under them. Better yet, order one size too large and you can conceal a howitzer. Seriously, I order all mine one size too large. They're perfect for concealed carry and are extremely comfortable in the heat. I use IWB holsters, but I see no reason why an OWB would be a problem.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    A bigger vest would be cheaper than a new holster
    Not necessarily, the one I am wearing now cost $48.00
    --Semper Fi--

Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    Not necessarily, the one I am wearing now cost $48.00
    You're using an "Uncle Mikes?" AGGGG

And who said you could go to Texas anyway? LOL

Have a safe trip and get back home as soon as you can. We'll leave the light on for you. :)
    NRA Certified instructor: handgun, self defense, CRSO

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    You're using an "Uncle Mikes?" AGGGG

And who said you could go to Texas anyway? LOL

Have a safe trip and get back home as soon as you can. We'll leave the light on for you. :)
    My wife is graduating after 4 years of online classes, so she is going down to walk across the stage, and my oldest daughter is taking classes on campus and we will be bringing her home for a few weeks before we have to fly her back down again.
    --Semper Fi--

Buy yourself a Dallas Cowboys jersey and get on about your business! I also like guayabera shirts.

JSDinTexas Guest

Don't want to be a party-pooper, but please remember in Texas there is no carry on a university campus or other public school campus. As to how to carry, beats me, I wear my shirts tucked in and have the same problem in summer. I have pretty much settled on a T-shirt and untucked shirt IWB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast