Texas just enacted Castle Doctrine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Texas just enacted Castle Doctrine

This is a discussion on Texas just enacted Castle Doctrine within the Texas Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; As of September 1 Texas Castle Doctrine/Stand Your ground law took effect. I am curious to see what DA's across ...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the Present
    Posts
    18

    Default Texas just enacted Castle Doctrine

    As of September 1 Texas Castle Doctrine/Stand Your ground law took effect. I am curious to see what DA's across the state disregard this law. I have also talked with several LEO's that were not aware of the changes to the Texas Penal code. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas, by God!
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I don't see a need for LEOs to necessarily be familiar with this law. However, I would hope that they are aware of the new rules on carrying concealed in an automobile (without a permit).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I am certainly glad it was voted in before the Clinton, the one that always had the biggest balls, gets voted in as the next Comanderess in Chief. If it were up to her and the others in her ring of idiots, we will be defending ourselves with clubs and slingshots.

    I certainly hope that the LEO's do take the time to read and understand the reason for the Castle Doctrine, especially the ones who are against Concealed Carry by honest, law abiding citizens. I have encountered one such LEO, in a general traffic stop, to make me aware I had a taillight out. When I presented him my CHL & DL as required, I told him I was carrying. He looked at me, paused and asked If I felt that my life was in immediate danger, he also asked if I thought he was incapable of protecting my life. I asked him if he was going to be with me 24/7, 365, because if not, he would not be able to protect me. He admitted that he could not be everywhere all the time and that they were very understaffed. I then said, "and that is exactly why I choose to carry to defend my life and the life of my family and /or friends". He just gave me the CHL and DL back, told me to get the taillight fixed asap and got in his cruiser and waited for me to drive off. Of the three traffic stops in the five years I have had my CHL, he is the only one against the CHL I have run across.

    tex45acp
    Last edited by tex45acp; 09-24-2007 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N E Kansas
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp View Post
    If it were up to her and the others in her ring of idiots, we will be defending ourselves with clubs and slingshots.


    tex45acp
    Course there would have to be length limits on clubs and registration of slingshots. Sorry just couldn't pass up that line...;)
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

    http://www.helprebekah.com./

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13

    Default

    tex45acp,
    He may be a huge supporter and you encountered a quiz the man thought up on the fly. Maybe he knows to many folks who carry for the wrong reasons. Wrong answer may have turned out the same after 10 minutes of minor shooting the breeze.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the Present
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp View Post
    I I asked him if he was going to be with me 24/7, 365, because if not, he would not be able to protect me. He admitted that he could not be everywhere all the time and that they were very understaffed. I then said, "and that is exactly why I choose to carry to defend my life and the life of my family and /or friends". He just gave me the CHL and DL back, told me to get the taillight fixed asap and got in his cruiser and waited for me to drive off. Of the three traffic stops in the five years I have had my CHL, he is the only one against the CHL I have run across.

    tex45acp
    Good Answer! Here are some statistics and my rational. From 2005 Department of Justice.

    "According to the US Dept. of Justice in 2005 71% of all 911 calls for violent crimes, police response time exceeded 6 minutes. 28% 6 to 10 minutes, 34% of that total 11 minutes to 1 hour, 3% within 24 hrs, 2% of the total exceeded 24 hours" and its slowing down. That's why I carry a gun. 6 minutes is a long time to stall a BG with bad intentions and there is no time to make the 911 call.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Congrats on getting your C.D. passed!

    We just recently got our 'limited' C.D. passed, ourselves. Its 'in your home or vehicle only' - we were pushing for 'anywhere you have a legal right to be', but it didn't happen. Oh well, its alot better than what we had before - being required to try to flee your home if its invaded before defending yourself is an uneasy way to have to go to sleep every night.

    Did you all get a full-featured one, or is it like ours?
    Luke 22:35-36

    كافر

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the Present
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Congrats on getting your C.D. passed!

    We just recently got our 'limited' C.D. passed, ourselves. Its 'in your home or vehicle only' - we were pushing for 'anywhere you have a legal right to be', but it didn't happen. Oh well, its alot better than what we had before - being required to try to flee your home if its invaded before defending yourself is an uneasy way to have to go to sleep every night.

    Did you all get a full-featured one, or is it like ours?
    Its a complete Stand your ground. Wherever you have a right to be legally. Your home is extended to you auto and your work place.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the Present
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    I don't see a need for LEOs to necessarily be familiar with this law. However, I would hope that they are aware of the new rules on carrying concealed in an automobile (without a permit).
    I would think that it would incumbent on LE to know
    1. If you broke a law
    2. what law you broke.
    Otherwise an LEO could arrest or detain you for whatever they felt like at the time.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burley View Post
    Course there would have to be length limits on clubs and registration of slingshots. Sorry just couldn't pass up that line...;)
    You forgot to add that the clubs could only be made of NERF foam, non toxic, highly visable, not more than less than 18 inches in length, and not capable of being concealed.

    Dont even get me started on the slingshot :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •