Traveling to california, any thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Traveling to california, any thoughts?

This is a discussion on Traveling to california, any thoughts? within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; Don't go. That simple....

Don't go. That simple.

Hubby and I used to live in Mission Viejo. There are good and bad place in Kommifornika. I would advise you to go because of sentimental reasons -- friends. But get out of there as quick as you can...I only go to LA before to go overseas and never leave the airport until my plane is out of there. But now I have other alternative -- Texas.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Go, and have a good time. For you and your buddies-thanks for your service!
    As for the armament, leave it home, or take & leave it locked up. Stay legal. I recommend a streaming pepper foam in a hard container that can also be used as an impact weapon.
    Be strong

Also don't forget you cannot bring in a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds.

Hi Raider, I just posted under 'Traveling With A Handgun' this article-[UTAH + FLORIDA -non resident- Multi State licenses] Near the bottom of the article I mention the federal 'Act" of 1986, the McClure-Volkmer Act that protects you even if you find yourself in one of the 11 states/regimes that would otherwise 'deem' you a criminal,(even though you have gone through background checks)for owning a firearm and,(gasp!)having it with you. Check it out, Sincerely, Mark Shean Mark Shean: Ma.LTC/FID

My thoughts: turn around when you see the sign that says, "You are now leaving the United States of America. Welcome to California."

Quote Originally Posted by mshean View Post
    Hi Raider, I just posted under 'Traveling With A Handgun' this article-[UTAH + FLORIDA -non resident- Multi State licenses] Near the bottom of the article I mention the federal 'Act" of 1986, the McClure-Volkmer Act that protects you even if you find yourself in one of the 11 states/regimes that would otherwise 'deem' you a criminal,(even though you have gone through background checks)for owning a firearm and,(gasp!)having it with you. Check it out, Sincerely, Mark Shean Mark Shean: Ma.LTC/FID
    You need to read the Firearms Owners Protection Act again. When the OP is in California, he is subject to and must abide by California law because California is his destination state.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12