Traveling to california, any thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Traveling to california, any thoughts?

This is a discussion on Traveling to california, any thoughts? within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; My colorado ccw is recognized in Utah, Nevada its not, but Nevada seems ok with a loaded firearm as long ...

Default Traveling to california, any thoughts?

My colorado ccw is recognized in Utah, Nevada its not, but Nevada seems ok with a loaded firearm as long as it stays in my vehicle. California if I understand it right, has to be locked in a box separate from loaded mags. Do I have this about right? So much for protecting myself. Any other thoughts I should know?

Your gun needs to be in a locked box seperate from your ammo. Locking glove box and locking center console do not count

Here's my thought, don't support California with your dollars. But aside from that all I can suggest is guns and unloaded ammo stored in seperate locked containers. Like the previous poster mentioned glove box and center console don't count.

G50AE is offline Banned

From the Alabama forum,

Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELUS8403 View Post
    "Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean
    Not only does this fellow have a bad sense of humor, he can't give directions worth a darn. Last time I checked I-95 North, an interstate I have driven on extensively, does not take you to California and doesn't even go through Alabama.

Alabama and California have quite a few things in comman. They are both Southern states with a may-issue permit system, and they do not issue out of state permits. So the only way you can transport a firearm in CA is through the provisions of the federal Firearm Owners Protection Act.

I moved away from there after living my whole life there. There is nothing in Kommieefornia worth going back for.

Cops hate guns, don't give them a chance to even ask you about one.
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

You can legally open carry in Nevada and loaded in car is also fine here.

All the California bashing aside, your ammo dosent have to be locked up, only your pistol. What part of CA are you visiting? Here in the central valley all of the bee keepers I deal with leave their gun empty on the dash and mags on the seat. In my 30 years of farming I have never heard of anyone getting harassed. If you are going to l.a. or s.f. I wouldn't advise that though

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11:217196
    Here's my thought, don't support California with your dollars. But aside from that all I can suggest is guns and unloaded ammo stored in seperate locked containers. Like the previous poster mentioned glove box and center console don't count.
    Agreed, however I'm having a reunion with my team from the marine corps that I haven't seen since we were in Iraq six years ago, and southern california is a known location for all of us.

Ok thanks I guess I'll just keep it locked up and keep thee ammo in the console. I'd keep it on they dash but I doubt san Clemente will let that stand. I'm hoping to stay under thee radar.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Here's my thought, don't support California with your dollars.
    Having lived (if you call it "living") in California, I totally agree. If I never step foot in the LaLa state, it will be one day too soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast