CCW -Transport Gun Across State Lines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CCW -Transport Gun Across State Lines

This is a discussion on CCW -Transport Gun Across State Lines within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; I'm a CCW in Florida making a trip to Kentucky. What's the rules for carrying a gun across state lines ...

Default CCW -Transport Gun Across State Lines

I'm a CCW in Florida making a trip to Kentucky. What's the rules for carrying a gun across state lines (GA, TN and KY)?

You should be ok those states have permit reciprocity
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps

Keep it concealed as you normally wear it. Do not volunteer information to a police officer in any of those states that you possess a concealed handgun.

Handgunlaw.us

Valid only for the states you listed.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Knows the laws of the states you are going to go through. Remember that even though you have a FL CCW, if for instance you got stopped somewhere and has to deal with LEOs if you are not a resident of FL where you have a CCW from, you might get into trouble.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Thanks for the info and link!

All of the souteastern states accept a Florida resident carry permit.

yes, but from what I hear they all have different laws regarding what is ok and what is not. I can't seem to find the actual laws on the handgunlaw.us site. Anyone know which tab I click on?

You will have to google each individual state's laws if you want the actual laws. Don't just go on what you read on a forum.
    Romans 12:18 NKJV

If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Gettysburg Bill is offline Gettysburg Bill

TAKE A LOOK AT: Handgunlaw.us

I have been using this site for years.
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

Quote Originally Posted by ocalacarry View Post
    yes, but from what I hear they all have different laws regarding what is ok and what is not. I can't seem to find the actual laws on the handgunlaw.us site. Anyone know which tab I click on?
    On the opening page, click on the state on the map on the page and a summary of the laws will open as a pdf document.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast