I'm a S.Carolina CWP holder. About to go to Florida for a couple of weeks....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

I'm a S.Carolina CWP holder. About to go to Florida for a couple of weeks....

This is a discussion on I'm a S.Carolina CWP holder. About to go to Florida for a couple of weeks.... within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; I know GA doesn't recognize our permit. What am I to do with my pistol while traveling through Georgia for ...

Default I'm a S.Carolina CWP holder. About to go to Florida for a couple of weeks....

I know GA doesn't recognize our permit. What am I to do with my pistol while traveling through Georgia for about 2 hours? Thanks.

Lock in the trunk or lock box

Quote Originally Posted by don miller View Post
    Lock in the trunk or lock box
    Don't have a lock box, & it's an SUV (no trunk). Can I lock it in the glove box?

Unload it, put it in a case in the back of the SUV where it isn't accessible just like we have to when we pass through SC.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Unload it, put it in a case in the back of the SUV where it isn't accessible just like we have to when we pass through SC.
    Really?! Sweet mercy!

symtron is offline Redeemed One +

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    While you're down in Florida, look into getting a Non-Resident Florida permit. Plus you can have the fingerprints done at a Police Station to ensure they are clear and meets their standard. You should be able to find a Notary to get the signatures done too.

Make sure you take copies of your training and any other CCW permits you have..

Lloyd

secure the gun like he said and have a safe trip watch out in valdosta county those cops love to give out of state-ers tickets i think most cops like giving outtatowners tickets for that matter.....
    and welcome to florida!
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Anytime planning a trip, I hit multiple sites just like USACarry.

One specific for TRAVEL Planning is Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner
    Don't let PUBLIC EDUCATION be responsible for your legacy of "Gun Control". If you don't train them, who will?

i can't get your link to load fnsmoak
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Quote Originally Posted by nca_mm View Post
    Don't have a lock box, & it's an SUV (no trunk). Can I lock it in the glove box?
    NO!!!

When I go through GA I take the mag out & clear the chamber of my PCW then I place them in my overnight bag in the "back" luggage compartment. (Where it stays until I get to the motel or out of the state.)

If I'm not mistaken locking you firearm in the glovebox is considered "concealing" inside your car. (At least in the state of GA)

GA is an OC state. But, (as far as I know), non-residents cannot legally OC in GA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast