Console Vault Review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Console Vault Review

This is a discussion on Console Vault Review within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; Console Vault for 2004 Chevy Avalanche 5 stars easy install, solid, and worth the money Other than the price, my ...

Default Console Vault Review

Console Vault for 2004 Chevy Avalanche
    5 stars
    easy install, solid, and worth the money
    Other than the price, my biggest concern about buying this product was the install. I was leery because Iím the opposite of handy but as it turns out, installing the Console Vault truly is simple. All you do is remove the screws from the bottom of your trucks console, drop in the safe, and then put the screws back in. They include screws with the safe but I didnít use them because my truckís factory screws worked easier. The safe fits great and you only lose a little bit of storage space. However, if you have trouble fitting your gun in your console now be warned that itíll be even harder to fit your gun in the safe. I have a S&W 642 in a Desantis Nemesis holster in the safe and that takes up most of the space. Setting the combo is easy and I like that you can change it. Itís also fast and easy to open. Construction is solid. No one is getting into that safe unless they have a good amount of time and some serious tools. Itís a little pricey but I love the peace of mind it gives me. I have no regrets and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Console Vault for 2011 Ford F-150
    0 stars
    easy install, solid, easier to break into, not worth the money
    I will not buy another Console Vault. These devices give a great sense of security until a real theif gets his hands on it. I purchased one in January for a new truck. I got the one with the combination lock, not the key lock. A theif got into my Console Vault in under 15 seconds. It took him about 6 or 8 hits with a screw driver. I can see the scratch/gouge marks underneath where you enter the combination. Once he knocked this slightly crooked the Console Vault opened freely. All I had in it was a Garmin GPS device he took. I contacted Console Vault but the person would not comment on my situation or their product failing so easily. They did say if I ship them my Console Vault they would send me another one. I think I'll not do that and save the shipping charges. I'll look for another way to secure my handgun.

I put a Console Vault in my 2011 dodge ram and love it.

I have one in my 2013 Ford Expedition and love it. Will it stop a determined thief NO, but your cable lock box will not either.
    NRA RSO
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

First post...I like this idea... I would make sure mine was bolted through the floor. Just in case someone had some time to mess with the console.

There isn't nothing that is fool proof but on top of other sercuity it's a great deterrence.

If you are going to leave the gun in the car why take it??

The only time I put mine in there is when I go in to my church and if I have to stop right quick to the post office but It's not a long time just a few minutes.

My S&W 642 is always in my car in the Console Vault. I carry a Kahr CW9.

Yeah, like I said I had to go in the Post Office to mail and package so I didn't want to take it in, I also have a two-way Viper alarm on my truck so I can tell when somebody break in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast