Can I carry a gun with me on a Bahamas Cruise? Does anyone know?

Can I carry a gun with me on a Bahamas Cruise? Does anyone know?

This is a discussion on Can I carry a gun with me on a Bahamas Cruise? Does anyone know? within the Traveling With Handguns forums, part of the Handguns category; My wife & I are planning on taking a cruise to the Bahamas and I'm wondering if I can carry ...

Default Can I carry a gun with me on a Bahamas Cruise? Does anyone know?

My wife & I are planning on taking a cruise to the Bahamas and I'm wondering if I can carry my pistol with me on a Carnival Cruise Line. Does anyone know?
    AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:

Customs: The Bahamasí customs authorities enforce strict regulations concerning temporary importation or exportation of firearms. U.S. citizens have been arrested and face stiff penalties for entering The Bahamas with firearms or ammunition, including so much as one forgotten bullet lost in a backpack. It is advisable to contact the Embassy of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas in Washington or one of the Bahamian consulates in the U.S. for specific information regarding customs requirements. Tourists who plan to arrive by private boat may seek permission to declare firearms to Bahamian Customs and leave firearms securely on the boat for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas. Please see our information on Customs Regulations.

Found at Bahamas, The

No weapons or ammo allowed onboard check carnival.com search firearms

Blog Entries

I'm gping to guess no, beings the Bahamas aren't part of the the United States.

ozz has it right. All cruise ships are foreign flag vessels and you are going into a country that is not gun friendly.
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam-Bear your Arms! View Post
    My wife & I are planning on taking a cruise to the Bahamas and I'm wondering if I can carry my pistol with me on a Carnival Cruise Line. Does anyone know?
    You will pass through metal detectors prior to boarding. No guns allowed.

So in conclusion. Nonononononononono. Even if you got it on the ship, the chance of being incarcerated in a 3rd world country jail just isnt worth it.

I did the Bahamas cruise last December and is a definite no! You can't check it in or anything. Can't flat out bring it out if Florida.

Just got back from a Carnival cruise. Similar security to an airport, signs everywhere and no guns allowed in the Bahamas. We used to live in the Virgin Islands, on a sailboat, and even though they are a US territory, it was nearly impossible to get a gun registered there. Only the criminals had them. Out onboard defense was a flare gun and a machete. Lousy odds in an inhospitable environment.