Traveling to Commiefornia - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Traveling to Commiefornia

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:306118
    And if you have traveled into or through California or landed in LAX with a handgun before, how was your experience?
    Yup it sucks for sure.

    As for going through LAX, the dozen times I have flown down through there I have had no problems going in or out. Declare it at departure, pick it up at arrival. Done deal.

    Have a safe trip buddy. On the plus side, they drive 100 mph everywhere, so you will be out of dodge in no time.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. Disassemble the normal capacity magazine and carry only the parts in your checked baggage. Once across the California border, reassemble the parts into a complete magazine.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Disassemble the normal capacity magazine and carry only the parts in your checked baggage. Once across the California border, reassemble the parts into a complete magazine.
    I thought about that actually. Do you really think that's a legit option?

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I thought about that actually. Do you really think that's a legit option?
    Absolutely 100%.

    Large-capacity magazines in California - Calguns.net <See posts up to and including #5. Magazine parts are not controlled, only assembled magazines.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Absolutely 100%.

    Large-capacity magazines in California - Calguns.net <See posts up to and including #5. Magazine parts are not controlled, only assembled magazines.
    Nice, thanks for finding this

  6. #16
    Just deal with it... why risk a felony? I'm guessing the odds of needing more than 8 rounds in 4 hour visit are pretty low. I'm guess the odds of needing more than 2 clips during your entire trip are about zero.
    The crappy airport food is probably a bigger threat to your life.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner88 View Post
    I'm guessing the odds of needing more than 8 rounds in 4 hour visit are pretty low. I'm guess the odds of needing more than 2 clips during your entire trip are about zero.
    Carrying a gun isn't about odds. It's about what's at stake.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner88 View Post
    Just deal with it... why risk a felony? I'm guessing the odds of needing more than 8 rounds in 4 hour visit are pretty low. I'm guess the odds of needing more than 2 clips during your entire trip are about zero.
    The crappy airport food is probably a bigger threat to your life.
    I think you missed the point here. I will be on a 3 day/ 2 night road trip. Not just a 4 hour drive through CA.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    I think you missed the point here. I will be on a 3 day/ 2 night road trip. Not just a 4 hour drive through CA.
    No I got you... I just think the food at the airport is a bigger threat to your life than traveling with mags that "only" have 8-10 rounds. Unless the car is full of drugs it's not like you're going to evading wild hordes. If it makes you feel more comfortable, buy a high capacity mag when you cross the boarder in AZ. The risk to your life of only having 10 round mags isn't nearly as high as risking a felony and not being able to have a gun in the future.

    If you can reassemble... sounds like a pain, but problem solved.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Carrying a gun isn't about odds. It's about what's at stake.
    Ehh... unless you don't leave the house without full body armour, a rifle and a pistol, I'm guessing you do weigh the odds like the rest of us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •