For permit education, does Utah accept Hunter Education?

For permit education, does Utah accept Hunter Education?

This is a discussion on For permit education, does Utah accept Hunter Education? within the Utah Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; In particular, I have taken a WA hunter education course. I was wondering if that would fulfill the requirements that ...

Default For permit education, does Utah accept Hunter Education?

In particular, I have taken a WA hunter education course. I was wondering if that would fulfill the requirements that Utah has for firearm familiarity?

cgiven1 is offline DAV-Patriot

Utah requires a class given by an certified Utah instructor. You can find a list of out of state instructors here:

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/doc...tate042412.pdf
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA

No. The training required is the Utah Concealed Firearms Permit course which includes gun familiarity and Utah firearms law sections. The entire training must be done by a Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor.
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor; NRA-Appointed Training Counselor; NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Home Firearm Safety; NRA Chief RSO; NRA Certified Pistol Coach; Refuse To Be A Victim® Certified Regional Counselor