*D.C. Police to Allow Officers to Wear Full Beards and Turbans on the Job*
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

*D.C. Police to Allow Officers to Wear Full Beards and Turbans on the Job*

This is a discussion on *D.C. Police to Allow Officers to Wear Full Beards and Turbans on the Job* within the Washington D.C. Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; WTF?? Has the whole world gone crazy!? Is this even the United States of America anymore?!? D.C. Police Chief Cathy ...

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Exclamation *D.C. Police to Allow Officers to Wear Full Beards and Turbans on the Job*

WTF??
    Has the whole world gone crazy!?
    Is this even the United States of America anymore?!?

D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier called the policy a “common-sense decision” and said it‘s important for the police force to have representation from all communities across the nation’s capital. “I have to remind myself sometimes that in my lifetime women were not allowed to ride in patrol cars along with men, and now I’m chief,” Lanier said during a news conference.

D.C. Police to Allow Sikh Officers to Wear Full Beards and Turbans | TheBlaze.com

“I think it’s a step forward not only for civil rights and religious freedom, I think it’s a step forward for law enforcement,” said Jasjit Singh, executive director of the Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund.

~SMFH~
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I thought most police departments were considered para-military organizations and conformed to things like uniform, appearance, jewelry, standards, and such. Next thing you know, they'll be allowed to wear ceremonial robes with lanyard badges and have to pull over their squad car to side of the road and radio in a "signal-x" for prayers. We're now the land of the "do whatever you feel like". If this nonsense continues, we will no longer be "united". It's not a religious thing, but a political correctness thing. PC is wrecking society. Every faction has an agenda which is eroding our fundamental strengths. I'm fine with a LEO being a muslim, but leave your religion at the door please.

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Quote Originally Posted by smyrnatek View Post
    I thought most police departments were considered para-military organizations and conformed to things like uniform, appearance, jewelry, standards, and such. Next thing you know, they'll be allowed to wear ceremonial robes with lanyard badges and have to pull over their squad car to side of the road and radio in a "signal-x" for prayers. We're now the land of the "do whatever you feel like". If this nonsense continues, we will no longer be "united". It's not a religious thing, but a political correctness thing. PC is wrecking society. Every faction has an agenda which is eroding our fundamental strengths. I'm fine with a LEO being a muslim, but leave your religion at the door please.
    I agree with you 110%.
    Unfortunately I think that we should now be known as the D.S.A. 'The Divided States of America'.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I wonder if it applies to all officers or will it only be for the religious ones I know we are only allowed a mustache here in my part of Kentucky

Send her to one of those countries to see if they adjust their laws/rules about women, being cops or chief. She would be surprised!

Last thing I want on me as LE is something for someone to grab in a ground squabble - a beard and a head rag! The first time a Sikh believing officers gets his arse handed to him because of his attire and grooming standards, watch the complaints and law suits fly. Uniformity in organizations are there for a reason and any beliefs, practices, orientation or opinions outside that organization should be removed/eliminated when you put on the uniform and badge.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by zacklmpd View Post
    I wonder if it applies to all officers or will it only be for the religious ones I know we are only allowed a mustache here in my part of Kentucky
    When my husband was in Saudi Arabia (I came later to join him...) he was advised not to shave off his moustache...but that's another story for another day.

Anyway, why is it that these minorities seems to have more power than the original Americans that had already been here before them? What is wrong with this country?!?@?#?#?$$??$ Are the whites and others that had occupied this land the minorities now? Why is this being allowed???
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Men allowed to wear their beards is always a good idea!

Turbans are another issue.

Before anyone laughs at Sikhs, one should remember they are brave warriors. Those who fought in the service of the British hold a record number(per capita) Of Victoria Cross decorations.

Bearing arms is a DUTY to Sikh males!

One should consider these issues before dismissing them as a bunch of so called "Rag-Heads."

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Men allowed to wear their beards is always a good idea!

Turbans are another issue.

Before anyone laughs at Sikhs, one should remember they are brave warriors. Those who fought in the service of the British hold a record number(per capita) Of Victoria Cross decorations.

Bearing arms is a DUTY to Sikh males!

One should consider these issues before dismissing them as a bunch of so called "Rag-Heads."

-Doc
    I still do not think they have their place here where we have a different society than they have...our police departments here and mostly around the world do not have police wearing turbans other than where these kinds of people are situated. In case of danger, they are even required to wear helmets for protection. I will be very careful of those that wear their turbans...one day it will not only be turbans but also their gowns, whatever they are called.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I wanna C LEO's in Kilts. I'm Just saying, bend over & pick up my bag 4 me please?

But really its a Uniform it shouldn't have anything 2 Do with religion, it should be for safety & recognition, so we know who the cops are. STUPID.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast