Carry in state park office
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By alternety

Carry in state park office

This is a discussion on Carry in state park office within the Washington Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; The state allows carry in state parks. What about the ranger office in a state park? It would make sense ...

Default Carry in state park office

The state allows carry in state parks. What about the ranger office in a state park? It would make sense to be permissable; but I am not sure.

Check for signs, Texas allows carry in state parks but the buildings are like any other building/place of business. If they have a sign banning guns (that's a legal sign in your state) then no go!!

Well as I read FAQ about Texas Concealed Handgun License it says; "...carry is still banned in park visitor centers, ranger stations and administrative buildings and offices staffed by federal employees...". I would not carry in any building that is 'manned' just to be safe.

I would just like to remind everyone that this is not Texas. You are posting in the Washington state area of the forum.

Guess I'd go to your state attorney general's web site and see if the laws are posted online or give them a call and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Last thing I'd be doing is taking somebody's word for it on a public forum.

Reading through the laws was my first action. I was left not being able to decide what they really said.

No, I would not act based on a person's opinion. I am hoping someone can point to something I missed or provide some other reference I can check.

Yes it is permitted.

golddigger14s is offline SFC At Fort Lewis, WA

Yes you can in a WASHINGTON STATE PARK office, but not in a FEDERAL building like at Mt. Rainier. You can carry in the park itself.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Yes you can in a WASHINGTON STATE PARK office, but not in a FEDERAL building like at Mt. Rainier. You can carry in the park itself.

Yeah,and that is what I was thinking.