Opinion on firearm rules at the work place
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Opinion on firearm rules at the work place

This is a discussion on Opinion on firearm rules at the work place within the Washington Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; So I spend most of my time either at work or at home, and most places I end up going ...

Default Opinion on firearm rules at the work place

So I spend most of my time either at work or at home, and most places I end up going to is on the way home from work when I do go places. My work prohibits firearms on the property which includes the garage under the building. I have no issues with not being able to carry while I am at work but I hate when I can't carry after work because I am not allowed to have it here. Now I know it would be very easy to just have it in my car and then it is there when I leave but I am a man of integrity.
    Just wondering what others think of this or if they have the same issue?

New Guy... First Post

Kyle

i think we should be able to carry it anywhere we want to carry it
    gun control is being able to hit your target

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

I'd leave it locked in the glove compartment while I was at work and not think twice about it.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

i wouldn't want to leave my gun in my vehicle as it takes seconds to break into and steal in a glove box
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

in·teg·ri·ty /inˈtegritē/Noun The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

Sounds like your work needs integrity as banning firearms goes against one of the founding virtues that keeps this nation free and safe. There is nothing morally upright about victimizing your workers.

If anything, carrying your firearm in your vehicle would show you do have integrity as a United States citizen.

But, it is their private property, they make their rules, even if they have no integrity. So, my advice is change your username here from something other than your real name, and find a better job. After that, carry in your car anyways (hopefully in a lock box) and don't give them a reason to search your vehicle. And since you will be disarmed in the work place realize your first reaction will most likely be to run away, preferably towards your firearm.

Good luck.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Same policy and I really don't like it, my complaint is that where I work they claim they are absolutely not responsible for anything that happens in that parking lot, someone falls, car is broken into anything like that but then they say we can't carry in the Parking lot, so...... Since they claim this I carry, I would much rather be fired and alive than to not be able to defend myself

kerb is offline pinche gringo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    I'd leave it locked in the glove compartment while I was at work and not think twice about it.
    I wouldn't want to either, but it's an option. In fact, it's what I do now. As we speak, my firearm is on my bike, locked in a saddlebag.
    I think what I am going to do is bring a little gun safe to work, one that will fit in my desk drawer.

I work strange hours sometimes. Lots of times I am here alone late.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

My opinion is that most employers need to grow a set! They need to stop worrying about getting sued of an employee has to use their weapon.

That being said I'm in the same position you are. I usually carry some other form of defense on my instead. Knife, Baton, etc...
    Guns.??? What Guns???

I believe I was reading the concealed carry laws of flordia and remembered a section that specified this about guns locked in your car while at a work place parking areas.

Pretty sure there was state or federal protection from any kind of prosecution if your job finds out you have weapons in your car when legally allowed to conceal on work property.

I think it depends on your state laws as well. I live in Kansas and while employers can ban firearms from being brought into the workplace, you have the right to keep you firearm in your vehicle even if it is the employers private property parking lot. and yes it sucks to have to store it in a vehicle that could be broken into in mere seconds and your gun stolen... the kansas statutes read as this:

(b) Nothing in this act shall be construed to prevent:
    (1) any public or private employer from restricting or prohibiting by personnel policies persons licensed under this act from
    carrying a concealed handgun while on the premises of the employer’s business or while engaged in the duties of the
    person’s employment by the employer, except that no employer may prohibit possession of a handgun in a private means of
    conveyance, even if parked on the employer’s premises; or
    (2) any private business or city, county or political subdivision from restricting or prohibiting persons licensed under this
    act from carrying a concealed handgun within a building or buildings of such entity, provided that the premises are posted,
    in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general pursuant to this section, as premises where
    carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited;

thedispatcher
    Kansas
    Ruger SR9C [EDC], Ruger LCP [BUG]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast