Washington State Laws on Firearms on workplace property????
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ASC1WBullock

Washington State Laws on Firearms on workplace property????

This is a discussion on Washington State Laws on Firearms on workplace property???? within the Washington Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I was reading the rules to my job on carrying weapons and it stated that you are not to carry ...

Default Washington State Laws on Firearms on workplace property????

I was reading the rules to my job on carrying weapons and it stated that you are not to carry a firearm on property or leave one in your car. The exception it says is, if the state you live in has a law saying differently. Does anyone know if there is a RCW for this question I am throwing out at you? If anyone can answer this question I would be grateful. Thank you in advance.

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

I don't have the rcw, but yes they can tell you to not carry at work or in your car if it's on their private property.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I don't have the rcw, but yes they can tell you to not carry at work or in your car if it's on their private property.
    There is no RCW that says it is illegal for an employer to prohibit firearms on their property, or in cars on their property...that is why it is legal for them to do so.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

Washington State Law is silent in regards to an employer being able to deny the right to carrying while on the job. Employers can make rules and have the right to fire when rules have been broken, So, if a company makes a rule that states no firearms or dangerous weapons allowed while on property, then you can be fired for company rules violations of you elect to carry -concealed or not.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

Thanks for the insight on the situation. Maybe, I will just ask my boss. They say we can bring Mace and leave it in out lockers but nothing else. Oh well. I will let you know what they say.