Address Change for CCW Permit

Address Change for CCW Permit

This is a discussion on Address Change for CCW Permit within the West Virginia Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; I have to change the address on my CCW permit. Is anyone familiar with the procedure for this in Monongalia ...

coldmorning is offline Woman of Caliber

Default Address Change for CCW Permit

I have to change the address on my CCW permit. Is anyone familiar with the procedure for this in Monongalia County (or just the state)? Unfortunately, USA Carry's website has no info on this.

Thanks!
    Emily

I believe that is answered here: Concealed Weapons Apparently, you simply have to go to the sheriff's office, fill in a form, and pay $5 to get a duplicate permit with the new address. Note: this should be done within 30 days of the address change.

Since your driver's license is used as your ID, you should change the address on your driver's license first, then go to the sheriff's office and get the changed address on your carry permit. There is a $5 charge for a duplicate permit with the new address.

S Michael DeHart is offline WVUmounties8

I live in Kanawha County and it is the same in All WV Counties. You get the same application from the Sheriffs Dept and complete with notation of change of address. If your CCW permit is close to expiration, you may just want to renew with your new address. If not, just complete with change of address and there will be a fee. In Kanawha Co it is $25, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by S Michael DeHart View Post
    I live in Kanawha County and it is the same in All WV Counties. You get the same application from the Sheriffs Dept and complete with notation of change of address. If your CCW permit is close to expiration, you may just want to renew with your new address. If not, just complete with change of address and there will be a fee. In Kanawha Co it is $25, I believe.
    Actually, according to the Kanawha County Sheriff's website, I believe the charge in Kanawha County is $10 - and seeing this, I suspect it may have gone up in all counties from the $5 I mentioned previously, since it just went up a month ago in Kanawha. Here is the website:
    http://www.kanawhasheriff.us/Documen...0Structure.pdf