Thinking about getting a M&P9c for my wife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thinking about getting a M&P9c for my wife

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a M&P9c for my wife within the Women & Guns forums, part of the Main Category category; Im thinking about buying my wife a M&P9c, and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on them. She prefers ...

Default Thinking about getting a M&P9c for my wife

Im thinking about buying my wife a M&P9c, and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on them. She prefers 9mm, and has fired Glocks, Rugers, Berettas, and 1911s.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh. This is a HUGE pet peave of mine.

Would you want her to choose your gun? Why on earth is she not making that decision for herself? If she is not particularly well-informed about a variety of firearms, help her learn, don't make her choice.

Flanmedic51 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abroken11b:299852
    Im thinking about buying my wife a M&P9c, and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on them. She prefers 9mm, and has fired Glocks, Rugers, Berettas, and 1911s.
    M&P is a fine line of pistols. Really can't go wrong...but of course she should handle one first to make sure its a good feel for her.

Alli, you are dead on. I bought my wife her first gun, a Smith & Wesson .38 Bodyguard and it is her LEAST favorite of the four she now owns. "Everyone" said, "A woman's first gun should be a revolver". Her favorite, hands down, is her XD 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Aili McKeen View Post

Would you want her to choose your gun? Why on earth is she not making that decision for herself? If she is not particularly well-informed about a variety of firearms, help her learn, don't make her choice.
    Aili, I agree.
    Check out the new S&W Shield 9mm. I'm guessing the Walther PPS had a influence on that gun. I carry the PPS and my wife and daughter like the fit and feel.

Just purchased the S&W 9mm Shield yesterday, and man does it fit well. I usually carry a Glock 19....but this weapon is like "butta" from the weight of the gun, feel, how it grips, the sights and for sure the compact size. I was the first one that purchased one from my local shop in VA, looking forward to hitting the range with it very shortly. From what I have read, seen and watched.....this is a very good and economical buy for CC.

Just my wife's opinion....She prefered the Ruger SR9 to the M&P9c. Claims less recoil and more accurate. Naturally the SR9 had a longer barrel.

Flanmedic51 Guest

Default A note about accuracy...

Just want to throw out there that unless the sights themselves are totally screwed up, accuracy is relative to the shooter and how they handle the gun, comfort etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aili McKeen View Post

Aili,

I understand that it might be a pet peeve of yours. However, this would be a gift. She already owns a Taurus TCP, Glock 19, SIG P250. She has owned (and sold) a S&W 642, Beretta 92FS, and a Glock 31. She has taken several defensive pistol classes. She is not ingorant or unfamiliar with firearms, infact she just bought me a Larue OBR for a welcome home gift. I was asking for opinions about the weapon due to the fact that I am CURRENTLY IN AFGHANISTAN and can't drive down to the local funshop and check it out myself. I specifically asked on this forum because I wanted a womans perspective of the weapon. Don't just assume that the person posting is an inconsiderate jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by abroken11b View Post
    Aili,

I understand that it might be a pet peeve of yours. However, this would be a gift. She already owns a Taurus TCP, Glock 19, SIG P250. She has owned (and sold) a S&W 642, Beretta 92FS, and a Glock 31. She has taken several defensive pistol classes. She is not ingorant or unfamiliar with firearms, infact she just bought me a Larue OBR for a welcome home gift. I was asking for opinions about the weapon due to the fact that I am CURRENTLY IN AFGHANISTAN and can't drive down to the local funshop and check it out myself. I specifically asked on this forum because I wanted a womans perspective of the weapon. Don't just assume that the person posting is an inconsiderate jerk.
    It would have been nice to know that your wife is a experienced shooter, which helps with the recommendations. You can't go wrong with an American Made S&W.

Bottom line, if you are serving our country in Afghanistan, we salute you. It is our service people that provide the very freedom that we can speak on sites like this. That we can own, carry, and shoot firearms in our great country. You can't do this in North Korea. Be safe My Prayers are with all of you serving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast