On Oct. 20, 2011 the Wisconsin DOJ updated their FAQ on the new concealed carry laws which will be taking effect on Nov. 1, 2011. Included in this update is their list of out-of-state permits they will recognize along with training requirements and the application process.
The current list of out-of-state concealed carry permits they will recognize is below:
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
Attn: License Unit
PO Box 7130
Madison, WI, 53707-7130
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources hunter education certificate
- An unrevoked concealed carry license from another state or jurisdiction. You must enclose the affirmation form verifying it is not revoked for cause. The license may be current or expired.
- Proof of military, law enforcement, or security firearms training. (details)
- Department of Justice Firearm Safety Course certificate (issued by DOJ-certified instructors)
- Firearms safety or training certificate from a course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or to the public by a law enforcement agency.