Airsoft Becoming Obsolete For Realistic Training - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Becoming Obsolete For Realistic Training

1. Quote Originally Posted by WillBrayJr View Post
    Airsoft had been a mainstay for several years for me due to realistic function. However plastic bbs just don't have the punch that metal bbs do.

Here are some good ones from Pyramyd Air:

Umarex Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine: $282.00
    Umarex H&K MP5-K PDW: $110.00
    Umarex PX4 Storm Pistol: $86.00
    Umarex Desert Eagle Pistol: $180.00
    Umarex Walther CP99 Pistol: $150.00
    Umarex Walther PPK/S Pistol: $59.00
    Umarex S&W 586 Revolver: $212.00
    Umarex SA177 "Glock" Pistol: $56.00
    Umarex HPP Pistol: $66.00
    Cybergun Sigarms P-226 X5 Pistol: $100.00
    Cybergun Mini-Uzi: $150.00

Not Available from Pyramyd Air!!!

P-3 M134-A2 Minigun: If you ask, you can't afford it
    Just imagine the fun of spitting out 6mm steel bbs up to 600fps with a ROF at 3,000+rpm.
    Are you forgetting why Airsoft exists? Force on force training in as safe a manner as possible without live ammo. Step up to metal BB's and you're going to start causing some serious injury....the famous phrase "You'll put your eye out" comes to mind.

The mini-gun is absolutely kick-butt! I made the mistake of calling about a price on one only to discover that I could buy a .50BMG for that kind of money. Still, it perks my interest and I'd love to have one (thinking lottery winnings purchase).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfish View Post
    Are you forgetting why Airsoft exists? Force on force training in as safe a manner as possible without live ammo. Step up to metal BB's and you're going to start causing some serious injury....the famous phrase "You'll put your eye out" comes to mind.
    Actually the phase is, "You'll shoot your eye out." The quote comes from that great Chistmas Classic Movie "A Christmas Story".

The other great shooting quote from the movie is,
    Mother: Don't shoot any animals.
    Father: Except the Bumpass's dogs!

That video has been recycles a number of times over teh last few years, it is actually an Echo1 Minigun.

Minigun Series : Echo1, Airsoft Guns, Parts, and Accessories. Play Hard. Play Safe. Play Echo1.

They are still a few grand, but it is cool as HE77.

I also agree, the idea of airsoft is primarily the force on force training. And still if you get too close the plastic BB's can do some damage. Going with metal is just suicidal. Or homicidal depending on what end of the gun you are on. I still have scars on my arms from getting hit with airsoft guns years ago.

YouTube - Alcohol and Airsoft

NO, I am not the guy getting shot in this video, but it does show the damage an airsoft gun can do.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

The TV has enough power stored in it to catch fire when shot. as for how hard a .20gr plastic BB can hit i have had to dig them out of me with a knife and tweezers.

By the way about the video. You can't fix stupid.

7. Hey, just curious, y'all said that using metal BBs in a force-on-force exercise would be a bad idea, but what about paintball guns? I would like to actually be able to see that I hit or not.

Paintball is more of a game than it is practical training.

Not anymore. They are making milsim paintball guns, more realistic recoil, rate of fire, and .68 Cal balls hurt like hell. I would say paintball is better than airsoft for tactical /moving and shooting.practice.

If you think airsoft is becoming obsolete for realistic training, you could not be more wrong. I just played in a airsoft game with 40 people all using replica guns and full tactical gear. The only thing that made it different from a real war zone was the lack of blood from being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:217295
    If you think airsoft is becoming obsolete for realistic training, you could not be more wrong. I just played in a airsoft game with 40 people all using replica guns and full tactical gear. The only thing that made it different from a real war zone was the lack of blood from being shot.
    Paintball still has a ways to go to catch up to airsofts 1 : 1 replica guns. But for airsoft to be a serious contender in training, they need to downsize their ammo capacity majorly. The average aeg holds what, 200 bb's? What is the rate of fire for them as well? The pain also needs to be amped up, I don't feel bb's through my vest. I might on my arms, or other less covered parts. While Paintball is almost to replica size and weight, it has the rate of fire and capacity realism now with rap4 t68 magazine fed markers and mods for other models. You will also feel a Paintball through most clothing. Though booth realms train poorly in cover vs concealment. Most bullets will go through anything on a Paintball and airsoft field (exceptions with those fields that put money into concrete buildings, rare)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast