Airsoft Becoming Obsolete For Realistic Training
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Becoming Obsolete For Realistic Training

Cool Airsoft Becoming Obsolete For Realistic Training

Airsoft had been a mainstay for several years for me due to realistic function. However plastic bbs just don't have the punch that metal bbs do.

Here are some good ones from Pyramyd Air:

Umarex Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine: $282.00
    Umarex H&K MP5-K PDW: $110.00
    Umarex PX4 Storm Pistol: $86.00
    Umarex Desert Eagle Pistol: $180.00
    Umarex Walther CP99 Pistol: $150.00
    Umarex Walther PPK/S Pistol: $59.00
    Umarex S&W 586 Revolver: $212.00
    Umarex SA177 "Glock" Pistol: $56.00
    Umarex HPP Pistol: $66.00
    Cybergun Sigarms P-226 X5 Pistol: $100.00
    Cybergun Mini-Uzi: $150.00

Not Available from Pyramyd Air!!!

P-3 M134-A2 Minigun: If you ask, you can't afford it
    Just imagine the fun of spitting out 6mm steel bbs up to 600fps with a ROF at 3,000+rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrayJr View Post
    P-3 M134-A2 Minigun: If you ask, you can't afford it
    Just imagine the fun of spitting out 6mm steel bbs up to 600fps with a ROF at 3,000+rpm.
    ive seen it... i never knew a tv could catch on fire by being shot with metal BB's
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    ive seen it... i never knew a tv could catch on fire by being shot with metal BB's
    The Crew might have had the TV plugged in as there's no way it could catch on fire without electricity running through it.

crazy either way...

YouTube - Airsoft Minigun
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

The Crew might have had the TV plugged in as there's no way it could catch on fire without electricity running through it.
    Ever rub two sticks together until one catches fire?

Same principle.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ever rub two sticks together until one catches fire?

Same principle.
    I think I'll stick to the Tried and True Zippo Method for fire starting.

I nearly cause the toilet bowl to explode when I put multiple household cleaners in it. It was utterly filthy and I figured I'd throw every cleaner I could find in the bowl.

Shot a Basketball size fireball out of my rearend once to see if it really work. The poor Dog was proof because he didn't have any whiskers afterwards. That wasn't my fault. He put his nose by the Southern Exit when I let it rip.

So yeah, I know about the whole principle thing.

I think I'll stick to the Tried and True Zippo Method for fire starting.

I nearly cause the toilet bowl to explode when I put multiple household cleaners in it. It was utterly filthy and I figured I'd throw every cleaner I could find in the bowl.

Shot a Basketball size fireball out of my rearend once to see if it really work. The poor Dog was proof because he didn't have any whiskers afterwards. That wasn't my fault. He put his nose by the Southern Exit when I let it rip.

So yeah, I know about the whole principle thing.
    I was speaking more of the friction principle, not the catalytic reaction or combustibility principles.

But that was funny, especially the dogs quick lesson. Has he ever sniffed a rear end since without flinching?
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I was speaking more of the friction principle, not the catalytic reaction or combustibility principles.

But that was funny, especially the dogs quick lesson. Has he ever sniffed a rear end since without flinching?
    Don't have a clue. Was my step grandfather's and when he and my grandmother divorced soon after she sent the poor pooch to the Pound.

Some machine gun shoots use junked cars (with no gas tanks) as targets. If shot enough, the cars will catch on fire, and they're not plugged in either. The hot projectiles impacting the interior plastic and seats cause them to catch on fire.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

With that thought do not work on old TV's the Picture tube in an old CRT TV acts as a capacitor and stores quite a charge of around 20,000 volts for a long time after being unplugged. Many a TV repairman has had the #$%^ knocked out of him by an unplugged TV and the shock could be fatal although I have not heard of a fatality.

Now where did the fire come from in the video? The friction of that many bb's hitting it caused a lot of heat to be generated, enough to start a fire but I don't know what was actually burning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast