CC and Alcohol in Alabama - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC and Alcohol in Alabama

Another gun-friendly state limiting your right to self defense because you're having a hamburger. Absolutely rediculous inexcusable behavior by the state lawmakers!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Alabama isn't gun friendly. It's people are. The laws here are some of the more restrictive in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by jurist View Post
    Alabama isn't gun friendly. It's people are. The laws here are some of the more restrictive in the country.
    I agree with you 100%.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    "Many states have a preemption clause. Meaning the State has final say and not the towns and municipalities. Check and see if it applies to your state."

The lawyer who advised me said that Alabama state law does preempt local law, and does not prohibit carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. However, he knows of no actual case law, which probably means that nobody's ever been cited solely for that reason. State law does prohibit carrying while intoxicated.

Essentially, if you are carrying a concealed weapon while dining in a Chili's, you are not breaking state law. If you have not broken state law, you cannot be convicted of having done so. Still, you don't want to invite trouble.

In fact, I can carry in Alabama not merely on my Alabama CCW permit, but also on my Florida, Utah, and New Hampshire permits, which are not restricted in any way. So unless somebody's out to screw me, I think I'm safe.
    Your FL, UT and NH permits are not valid in the state of AL for AL residents. While they may be useful in showing a cop that you're one of the good guys, I wouldn't depend on them to keep out of legal harm's way in the scenario discussed in this thread.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12