Notify LEO of carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Notify LEO of carry

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I just talked to the Alabama State Trooper Office and was told that you DO have to notify the LEO when you are stopped.
    It's never good to ask a LEO, If your going to ask them, get the actual statue, so you can varify for your self,

Quote Originally Posted by jurist View Post
    He may have just said genius don't go getting a ccw badge and go flashing it when you get pulled over for all we know. My previous statement was initially made in jest but now I'm serious.
    We don't need no stinkin badges!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by jurist View Post
    Because I am familiar with Alabama cops, I'm an Alabama gun dealer, I'm an Alabama firearms instructor, and I'm and Alabama lawyer with experience with our officers of the law. Also I have common sense which it doesn't seem the instructor in Utah clearly imparted to the student who's quoting him on this board, not mentioning his credentials or whether his advice was situational. He may have just said genius don't go getting a ccw badge and go flashing it when you get pulled over for all we know. My previous statement was initially made in jest but now I'm serious.
    His name is Mark and he's from Birmingham. If you know the AL UT instructors, you know who I'm talking about. It was the March 2011 class in the Huntsville area.

He was very clear about informing LEO's if you're carrying during a routine traffic stop: he recommends not, except under the circumstances mentioned earlier. He also said that if you decide to inform, he recommended just handing them your DL with your CWP. But his final recommendation was to not inform. It seemed most in the class agreed with him.

As far as badges, you probably already know what he said about that!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123