To the nice people who replied to "Freaking.."-13A-11-50

Thread: To the nice people who replied to "Freaking.."-13A-11-50

Exclamation To the nice people who replied to "Freaking.."-13A-11-50

There have been many VERY nice people who replied to my thread about "FREAKING OUT OVER 'BAMA LAWS", so I wanted to post the following: A lot of you are telling me that you are carrying everything from lock-blade folders to Samurai swords. Maybe this will help keep someone out of trouble. This is ALABAMA STATE LAW, and includes what I call the "Bowie Clause". I believe that it is a perfect excuse to arrest ANYONE carrying a knife.

Please let me know your thoughts, and thanks again for the replies to my earlier thread.

Alabama Code - Section 13A-11-50 Carrying concealed weapons.
    Except as otherwise provided in this Code, a person who carries concealed about his person a bowie knife or knife or instrument of like kind or description or a pistol or firearm of any other kind or an air gun shall, on conviction, be fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00, and may also be imprisoned in the county jail or sentenced to hard labor for the county for not more than six months.
    (Code 1852, 15; Code 1867, 3555; Code 1876, 4109; Code 1886, 3775; Code 1896, 4420; Code 1907, 6421; Code 1923, 3485; Code 1940, T. 14, 161; Code 1975, 13-6-120.)

Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELUS8403 View Post
    And they would too!!!! The South gets a bad rap, albeit undeserved. The civil war was fought because the union commited an act of terrorism, not because of slavery. That was just an excuse by that scumbag lincoln. Study some history, the facts, not what the government says.
    This post was equally off-topic when I expressed concerns about Alabama's lack of a consistent "shall-issue" right to carry law.

spelling: consistent

Lightbulb Expect this type of reply if you "dis" Alabama's gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELUS8403 View Post
    "Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean
    Funny things are, A- I am not a Yankie, B- I live in SC, C- I95 isn't that bad of a highway, however if you are driving from SC to CT, make sure you miss morning rush hour in DC, otherwise you will also hit afternoon rush hour in NYC. This will add about 3-4 hours to your trip.