Driving through Alabama ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving through Alabama ?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    No you have not

Chop Chop get hot
    Well I'm having a hard time coming up with any smartass answers so I'm just going to offer this advice if you don't like my questions....DON'T READ THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Well I'm having a hard time coming up with any smartass answers so
    Your powers are weak old man
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Does this apply to people with a valid CWP from another state also, or could he have a loaded gun in the center console or glove box?
    That only applie to those without permits. If you have a permit, carry like you do in SC

Senate Bill 286 will protect and restore your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Alabama by reforming the state gun laws in the following ways:

Allows those who possess a valid Alabama pistol permit to keep firearms stored in their vehicle while at work, as well as allowing those who possess a valid Alabama hunting license to store an unloaded rifle or shotgun used in their vehicle while at work.
    Allows transportation of a handgun in a vehicle without an Alabama pistol permit as long as the handgun is unloaded, locked in a container and out of reach of the driver or passenger.
    Shifts the current “May Issue” concealed carry permit system to a “Shall Issue” permit system and requires that a sheriff must issue or deny the carry permit within thirty days. Should someone be denied a permit, a written denial must be provided and that applicant would have an opportunity to appeal the denial.
    A permit to carry a concealed pistol shall be good for one to five years (to be decided by the applicant seeking the carry permit).
    Requires sheriffs to use the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) to conduct a background check on concealed pistol permit applicants.
    Allows for all other valid state-issued permits to carry a concealed firearm to be recognized in Alabama.
    Strengthens Alabama’s firearms preemption statute by reserving for the state legislature complete control over regulation and policy relating to firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories in order to ensure that such regulation is applied uniformly throughout the state.
    Extends the current Castle Doctrine to include places of business to ensure the right of self-defense does not end when you enter your business.

6. Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    That only applie to those without permits. If you have a permit, carry like you do in SC
    But see the way our laws work in SC, regardless of if you have a CWP or not, if you're in the car the gun has to be in the glove box, center console, of behind the rear-most seat. It can be loaded and everything. The only privilege a CWP adds as far as vehicle transport is concerned is that it allows you to have it on your person as well. But even if you have a CWP, you still can't just stash it under the seat or in a door compartment or something like that.

So since my dad doesn't carry his gun actually on him, but rather he leaves it loaded in the glove box when he's driving, is that legal is AL?

7. Quote Originally Posted by acmccabe88 View Post
    Allows transportation of a handgun in a vehicle without an Alabama pistol permit as long as the handgun is unloaded, locked in a container and out of reach of the driver or passenger.
    This is the part I'm concerned about. Does Alabama have any laws regulating what criminals can do to us before we have a chance to get to our gun?

FOPA says that if the state has gun control laws stricter than most transportation laws, the gun has to be locked in a container in the trunk of the car. [email protected]"; that! Are there laws restricting what criminals are allowed to do between the time they initiate contact and the time I get the gun?
    you can follow the laws or you can ignore them that is your choice to make.
    the OP asked about the laws and what they were and I told him, I did not tell him to obey or disobey the laws in place.
    now go back under your bridge, troll

9. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Your powers are weak old man
    Well how bout these apples...I just went and looked at the gun law resources per state on this site, and nowhere does it mention anything about what a "pistol permit" allows you to do in the state of AL with respect to having it in the car. It says for folks who don't have a permit have to have it locked away unloaded out of the reach of driver and passenger. Doesn't mention anything else besides that.

10. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you can follow the laws or you can ignore them that is your choice to make.
    the OP asked about the laws and what they were and I told him, I did not tell him to obey or disobey the laws in place.
    now go back under your bridge, troll
    Do me a favor and check out who the OP is...

And technically you didn't, I asked about AL specifically, not the federal "FOPA" law.

This only applies to Al residents. Since you are from out of state Al police have to obey with what your ccw rules are from your srate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast