Relocating to Alabama - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Relocating to Alabama

"Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean
    "If at first ya dont succeed, hit it harder, or get a bigger hammer"

Thumbs up Oooo

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Semper Fi & Bama Boy: Fortunately, some of these people aren't residents of Alabama. They probably couldn't stand seeing that there are civilized folks down here who aren't married to their cousins and have more than one tooth. Let's hope they stay away 'cause they may like it here then we would have to put up with them. What a thought! By the way, pass the collards and corn bread!
    I love cornbread... no sugar YUCK! Sugar is for tea lol You bring the BBQ ckickin n Ill pass the stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    By the way, pass the collards and corn bread!
    I never did like collards, but spinach on the other hand is always good, nutritious too. Cornbread dressing is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    You are so full of crap, you eyes must have turned brown.

I believe both those incidents happened in MISSISSIPPI, not Alabama. (That's the state that look like Alabama but the little footie thing on the bottom is on the other side.)
    The school was Randolph County High School in Wedowee Alabama, the principle's name was Hulond Humphries. The event happened in 1994.

As to the judge denying a marriage licence to an interacial couple, that's my mistake, that more recent event didn't happen in Alabama, and it didn't happen in Mississippi either. It was a Lousiana Judge named Keith Bardwell. So we're both wrong on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Jim Crow has nothing to do with the Alabama concealed carry law because there isn't really one. The state law gives the responsibility for issuance of 'pistol permits' to the highest ranking LEO in the county and they have the power to set price and requirements. There's no massive state conspiracy. Alabama has left it up to the LOCALS. In practice, a background check and $20 is about all you need.
    So you are OK, with letting a sheriff like former sheriff Jim Clark of Selma descide who gets to be allowed the privledge of a carry permit?

Sheriff Jim Clark, icon of segregationist era, dies - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

Interesting.

Alabama is an Open Carry state with no license needed as long as you are on foot. Our may-issue is more liberal than some states "shall-issue". Probably because the money goes into the Sheriff's funds. SC will not accept AL CPL because we do not have a 24 hour center for them to check the validity of our licenses, so SC and AL do not have reciprocity thanks to SC. If you can't get a CPL in AL, then move to another county.

Alabama Open Carry is currently working for Constitutional Carry or at least Shall Issue on licenses. We are also working to have several laws repealed or updated. We would appreciate the help of all citizens in AL to help get this through the current pro-gun legislature. Go to alabamaopencarry.com and join today. It's free and we have meetings throughout the state with open carriers and RKBA supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by ALRanger View Post
    Alabama Open Carry is currently working for Constitutional Carry or at least Shall Issue on licenses. We are also working to have several laws repealed or updated. We would appreciate the help of all citizens in AL to help get this through the current pro-gun legislature. Go to alabamaopencarry.com and join today. It's free and we have meetings throughout the state with open carriers and RKBA supporters.
    Thanks for the heads up. It's about time Alabama adopted a fair and consistant concealed carry law.

I too moved from Fayette Co Ohio to Alabama. I had no problem with getting a CCW permit.They said I would have to be a resident for 6 months,I talked to the Sheriff and had No problem obtaining my permit in the first week of living here. I guess its all in the way you approach the matter.
    Its Better To Have It And Not Need It Than To Need It And Not Have It.

Happy ya got your permit! What kind of firearm ya got for CCW?

I guess I forgot to mention this was 12 years ago..My Bad.....I carry a Glock 36 . A Mans Best Friend doesn't have to be a Dog
    Its Better To Have It And Not Need It Than To Need It And Not Have It.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast