Relocating to Alabama - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Relocating to Alabama

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    that problem is a distinct poss[i]bil[i]ty.

    Oh, get serious, G50AE. You're concocting boogeymen to worry about. Just because a government official can exercise discretion doesn't mean that the official can discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, etc. If an Alabama sheriff refused a CCW permit to a qualified citizen, the Alabama legislature would make the state "shall issue" within a week. And there are supposed "shall issue" states—like Rhode Island—that in practice make things as difficult as possible for applicants, and "may issue" states—like Maryland, Hawaii, and New Jersey—that simply do not issue at all.
    People get refused there permits all the time when the issuing authority has the ability too, do you think a racist Sheriff that refuses all Black applicants actually puts that down as the denial reason? It's very easy to put something else there...but that doesn't mean thats not why they got denied. I come from a state (MA) where EVERYBODY is equally hated when it comes to getting your permit. But it's nuts to think that stuff doesn't happen.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELUS8403 View Post
    "Teach a yankee how to drive, put um on I95 north" "Welcome to Dixie.... now leave" lol some folks need to stay in cali, maybe itll fall into the ocean
    WTF?????? didn't you say earlier in the thread you moved down here from Ohio? What'd you drink the kool aid or something? You think your a Southerner now? and a Northern hating one at that? I hope I'm missing something here.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Well I see I am getting flamed for expressing my personal oppinions. So much for Southern Hospitality, something that we pride ourselves in here in South Carolina. Aparently that's not the same in Alabama.
    If you're getting flamed, it's not because of your opinions. It's because you're being rude.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    WTF?????? didn't you say earlier in the thread you moved down here from Ohio? What'd you drink the kool aid or something? You think your a Southerner now? and a Northern hating one at that? I hope I'm missing something here.
    And the funny thing is I am neither a Yankie nor from California.

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    If you're getting flamed, it's not because of your opinions. It's because you're being rude.
    Now explain how it is rude to criticize a law that potentially allows Alabama Sheriffs to wholesale deny carry permits to anyone for little if any reason at all.

  7. #46
    Please don't feed this troll. He is interested only in being rude and portraying himself as some kind of heroic guardian of minority rights. In 15 months, the troll has posted 2,285 times, an average of 5 posts every day, virtually all expressing feigned alarm about the same bogus issue. Apparently he spends all his waking hours worrying about nonexistent racist sheriffs in a state he doesn't even live in—a gun-friendly state in which absolutely nobody claims there's a problem.

    But at least he's not a "Yankie."

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    Please don't feed this troll. He is interested only in being rude...
    I am certainly not rude to anyone. I am respectful of others even though they may be different from me. I contribute quite a bit to the women and guns forum and have been thanked for doing so. I am also on NavyLCDR's list of alleged trolls,
    1- NavyLCDR
    2- G50AE
    3- BigGayAl
    4- Treo
    5- Tucker's Mom
    6- Cathyinblue
    7- localgirl
    8- Swinokur
    9- SC Tiger
    10- Whoever kelcarry is growling at today.
    11- Anyone else who has the stones to stand up for the bill of rights.

    And that is a list I am proud to be on.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    and portraying himself as some kind of heroic guardian of minority rights.
    I am too humble to consider myself heroic in any fashion. If you pay attention to my posting on other forums you will see me mocking the "sheepdog" concept and making fun of those silly CCW badges. These people are wannabes, I have no use for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    In 15 months, the troll has posted 2,285 times, an average of 5 posts every day,
    I'm glad you figured out how to check user profiles. Since you obviously checked out my profile you should have noted the large number of "liked postings" I have made. Quite a few of my postings have been "liked" be multiple members. So it would apear that you are in the minority as to your concern over post counts or number of posts per day or whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    virtually all expressing feigned alarm about the same bogus issue.
    If you think the right to keep and bear arms, which includes right to carry, is a bogus issue, you are going to find a lot of posters here are trolls by your standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    Apparently he spends all his waking hours worrying about nonexistent racist sheriffs in a state he doesn't even live in—a gun-friendly state in which absolutely nobody claims there's a problem.
    I guess it's just like that principle in Wedowee, AL who tried to ban interracial couples from attending the High School Prom. It wasn't a problem for most people, unless you happened to be Revonda Bowen, who was told by Hulond Humphries that her parents made a "mistake" by conceiving her. If you want to criticize someone for being rude, there's a perfect example. That's an extremely rude and blatently racist thing to say to a student who by all indications was a top performer in high school.

    And since you are going to use the strawman argument of, "You don't live here, I do." I guess by your standard Peter Gabriel never should have wrote the hit song Biko. When Peter Gabriel would perform that song live, he would typically introduce the song as being about a brave man forced to live in a nation that has racism writen into its constitution. Who was Peter Gabriel to criticize South Africa, he never lived there, and when the song was writen, Steven Biko no longer lived there either?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    But at least he's not a "Yankie."
    So much for that concept of Southern Hospitality.
    Last edited by G50AE; 07-20-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: NavyLT got promoted to NavyLCDR

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    But at least he's not a "Yankie."
    And is there something wrong with being one?.....BTW: It's Yankee! also it's an insult when said by a southerner.

  10. #49
    This is the last food I throw this troll:

    1. Congratulations on making fun of CCW badges. Most people do.

    2. I never looked up your profile. (Your number of posts is visible on the page.) Why would I look up your profile, anyway? I know everything I need to know about you from your delusional, poorly crafted, pretentious yet practically illiterate posts.

    3. You know very well that the "bogus issue" I mentioned is not the right to keep and bear arms, but your own unsubstantiated ravings about all these racist sheriffs denying permits to various groups.

    4. What some school principal (note spelling) said to some kid about some prom has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

    5. Many people around the world, including in South Africa, condemned apartheid. Except for you, nobody, in Alabama or anywhere else, has any problem with the gun laws here. Since you have appointed yourself the savior of people who don't think they need saving, why don't you write some folk songs about the poor, benighted, oppressed Alabamians who are denied their gun rights and aren't even aware of it?

    5. It must be tough going through life being so very humble.

    Note: It's blatantly, not blatently.

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    People get refused there permits all the time when the issuing authority has the ability too, do you think a racist Sheriff that refuses all Black applicants actually puts that down as the denial reason? It's very easy to put something else there...but that doesn't mean thats not why they got denied. ...it's nuts to think that stuff doesn't happen.
    Yeah typically the issuing authority will state a lack of demonstratable need. Because aparently some people think that blacks in the south have less of a need for personal protection.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast