Gilbert man shoots at family dog after it bites his daughter in face - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilbert man shoots at family dog after it bites his daughter in face

Right, I don't know all the facts. Might be the dog owner who needs to be shot. Fortunately in Texas we have the "he needed killing law".
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If an animal attack is unprovoked then I agree. There are some dogs that are more dangerous than others. There are however people that are so mean that they abuse and torment an animal long enough until the dog attacks. I have known cases like that. They are the same type of psychos that can beat a baby to death simply because they ae just plain evil. There are as I have said some people that should never have animals and also never have children.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    Right, I don't know all the facts. Might be the dog owner who needs to be shot. Fortunately in Texas we have the "he needed killing law".

It's true I am making certain assumptions with my last post. I don't believe it's ok to harm or kill an animal without just cause. However, I also don't think that a dog getting it's ears or tail pulled or even an accidental injury by a child to a animal justifies them attacking.

Animals instinctively know that a child is a cub, I've seen in their behavior all my life. If an animal attacks and causes grave injury or permanent disfigurement for anything other than to save their own life, they should be put down.

My mother, when she visits, regularly brings her dog (German Shepherd/Great Pyrenees) along with her. At first, one of my daughters (2 1/2) would be quite reckless in her treatment of her, she just didn't understand that she was hurting her. That dog NEVER growled, nipped or acting aggressively towards her in spite of how she was treated. Of course I scolded and disciplined my daughter for her actions and I did it right in front of the dog so as to reinforce that she(the dog) didn't need to do anything in retaliation, I would handle it.

She's a good dog.

4. Guys, I think you missed that part of why police arrested Kevin. Let me point out from the article. 2 Things:

"Kevin Townsend, 49, was charged with one count of discharging a firearm within town limits, a class 6 felony."

Why ?? Because

"The dog bit the child on the face, and Townsend allegedly grabbed a gun. He fired "multiple shots" at the dog, but one bullet strayed and broke a window at a nearby house."

That's why one bullet strayed out to a window broken at a nearby house, which is felony count discharged a firearm within town limits.

But he had right to protection his daughter from attack animal section #9 , unfortunately I was keep thinking why and I re-read article over again, over again, and I get it because one bullet strayed out to a window, that's why he arrested for discharged a firearm within town limits.

AZ's Section Code Law :
    Arizona Revised Statutes §13-3107 Unlawful discharge of firearms; exceptions; classification; definitions

A. A person who with criminal negligence discharges a firearm within or into the limits of any municipality is guilty of a class 6 felony.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    Guys, I think you missed that part of why police arrested Kevin. Let me point out from the article. 2 Things:

"Kevin Townsend, 49, was charged with one count of discharging a firearm within town limits, a class 6 felony."
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Complicated.....

He's mostly in trouble for missing and shattering a window, by any definition that is negligence.

If it had not been for that, he probably would have gotten out of trouble.

Practice, practice, practice.....
    Nope, I got it.

Blog Entries
    Poor judgement

Number one it was a family dog, not some wild stray, it could have been caught and dispatched (if need be) in a safe location. I have had stray dogs get into my sheep and kill lambs. I was mad and upset and wanted them dead and I found the first one in a valley with a good backstop and the 308 killed him instantly.
    The second dog made a run for it and got up out of the valley and sky lined toward some neighbor's homes. No matter how bad I wanted that dog dead I didn't take the shot without a good safe backstop.
    Most hunting accidents happen because someone gets so involved in the kill they forget to think.
    Never get so involved in anything that you forget to think, Your life or someone elses may depend on it.
    Last edited by Debray; 04-07-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: left out a word
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12